• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Lee Grey promotions

Tim G

I was curious if there where any written articles on the details of Lee Grey's mustang sales promotions in 67 68. I have read the story of the developmant of the CS. I was curious about the other cars that received upgrades.Such as what accesaries and options were added to what cars? How many cars where inovlved? What dealers where involved? etc.
The reason for asking is my friend has a 68 GT fastback. It was sold at Desert motors. It has side scoops like the CS. It left the factory (According to Marti Report) with a standard bench seat. It now has a deluxe bench seat. It also has a tilt away steering column that is not on the report. It sounds like it might have been one of these upgrade cars. Are there many of these promotion cars still around?

Thanks for any help
Tim Gray

Mustanglvr

Whatever the Marti Report says it had as a list of options, is what it had when it came from the factory. If it`s a fastback with side scoops then someone added the scoops later and the tilt steering or anything else not listed on the report. If its a fastback, then it cannot be a CS.

OP
OP
T

Tim G

Hi thanks for the response,
The car is not a CS. It is a 68 fastback GT s-code. It was sold in the spring of 68 from Desert Motors, Ridgecrest, CA. D.S.O. 71 L.A. odering district. These dealers where adding accessories and options to spark sales of Mustangs in the L.A. area. I was looking for any info on what accessories and options were being added. Are there any websites or books that touch on this subject?
The reason I posted this question on a CS site is because I thought there would be more people with nolage of Lee Grey and what he was doing at that time.
Thanks
TG

Mustanglvr

If Paul Newitt does`nt reply to you regarding this, then you can send him a personal message by clicking on his username. He would be the most knowledgable on this subject.

GTCSMustang

Hey Tim...I live in Ridgecrest California. Desert Motors is still in business here. Have bought several cars from them over the years. In fact, they have a white CS on the lot now.

Scott

CALIF GIRL

I grew up in Ridgecrest and my California Special was sold from Desert Motors. The car still lives in Ridgecrest most of the time.