• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

franklinair

franklinair

I'm new to C/S. I just purchased a C/S, VIN 8R01J147278,verified via Marti report. I've restored a few 68's (coupes, conv's) but never a C/S. My biggest shortfall now is detail info pertaining to C/S's. If anyone can help in this area, I would be most appreciative. No luck finding the GT/CS Recognition Guide. My goal is to reach Concourse/Driven status with this car, as I've done with my previous models.
First question of about 1,000!! What is the correct color for the grill & trim piece, and where is the best source?
I'm in NC, - not a lot of this model around for reference.
My name is Neil Hoppe. The franklinair designation is a derivative of my business name, Franklin Aviation. I own & operate a small FBO in Franklin, NC.
Hope I can contribute to this site as well.

Mustanglvr

Welcome to the site Neil!!! Its great to have you here! Looking forward to your questions and contribution.

J_Speegle

Welcome Neil. .... yes you may have some difficulty especially considering the lack of San Jose built cars in your region. We often see San Jose cars built with allot of the Dearborn characteristics when they are built in the East. Allot more differences between these two types of cars IMHO than Calif Special verse standard Mustangs.

How original/untouched is your car to start with?

We're all here to help and I know Paul wants to do more in the next book to help owners with questions like this.

Mustanglvr

Neil, make sure you get the information on your car to Paul Newitt for his new registry book. It may be too late, but it`s worth a try.

njmop

Neil,

My name is Mike Hoppe and I too own a GT/CS. I purchased it over 2 years ago outside LA. I live in NJ and my family lives in NC, so do to the Hoppe/CS connection, I'd be happy to help you out in any way. I have extra parts here and there and some general knowledge.

Good luck and keep in touch with your east coast GT/CS owners!