• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

franklinair

franklinair

I've been reading. (A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing!)

MUSTANG BUYERS GUIDE, page 73 pertaining to the '68 Shelby: "Sequentially flashing taillamps from the Thunderbird were used."

MUSTANG BUYERS GUIDE, page 78 pertaining to the '68 Shelby: Shelby's "sold in California were equipped with a circuit to prevent the sequential turn signal mechanism from working. Flashing turn signals would not pass inspection with that state's DMV."

MUSTANG Special Editions, page 40 pertaining to California Specials: "sequential '65 Thunderbird taillights (identical to the '68 Shelby units)"

Now my question: Which is correct, Sequential or Flashing? Or would it depend in which state the vehicle originally sold?

"Novice" Neil Hoppe

John McGilvary

I've been reading. (A little knowledge can be a dangerous thing!)

MUSTANG BUYERS GUIDE, page 73 pertaining to the '68 Shelby: "Sequentially flashing taillamps from the Thunderbird were used."

MUSTANG BUYERS GUIDE, page 78 pertaining to the '68 Shelby: Shelby's "sold in California were equipped with a circuit to prevent the sequential turn signal mechanism from working. Flashing turn signals would not pass inspection with that state's DMV."

MUSTANG Special Editions, page 40 pertaining to California Specials: "sequential '65 Thunderbird taillights (identical to the '68 Shelby units)"

Now my question: Which is correct, Sequential or Flashing? Or would it depend in which state the vehicle originally sold?

"Novice" Neil Hoppe

Hi Neil, CS's did not come with sequential tail lights. I think many have changed to sequentials, but are not original.

John