• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Where to buy Holley Carbs??? ... Never mind

BroadwayBlue

UPDATE: I ended up ordering from Jegs - cheapest I could find and fast shipping. Local was more money. Thanks!

Just wondering if anyone has recommendations on where to buy Holley Carbs online.

I'm going to check local as well (Advance and local mom and pop places).

I've been looking online and the best price I can find is $346.

I'm looking for the 0-8007 4160 Model (390 CFM).
http://holley.com/applications/CarburetorSelector/0-8007

The Holley carb that was put on my 289 by a previous owner is too big (600 CFM) and it's not running right so we're going to change it. Talked to Holley and they agreed it was too big for this application.

If anyone has any thoughts I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Last edited:

HappyHour

Appreciate the info of the process you went through! Glad you sorted it out. So whatchu gonna do with the 6 hundo you swapped out? What engine is it set for? Will it fit a 302? I may need to look for replacement in the the future.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Appreciate the info of the process you went through! Glad you sorted it out. So whatchu gonna do with the 6 hundo you swapped out? What engine is it set for? Will it fit a 302? I may need to look for replacement in the the future.

Will probably end up selling the other carb. It's pretty new and barely had many miles on it from what I can tell.

I don't know enough to know if it will fit a 302. I did have a 600 Holley on my 302 CS before so I'm assuming it would. I can give you the model number and info if you want to call them to verify.

HappyHour

Thanks Rich...lm prolly gonna go into research mode first and need to check on current condition of my carb on the 302 so Im not rushing into.

If i do need a rebuild or replacment Ill look at Autolite or Holly depending on what the 302 needs gas savings or performance.

Definitely lemme know when the for sale link is posts! :smile:

robert campbell

The 8457s or 80457 carburetor should run very well on a 302. It will use a bit more gas, but it can be tuned in easily. The cheapest place to buy is Sumitt Racing or Jegs. Of note the carb you have has a Ford automatic kickdown lever, but the 68 Mustang does not need it. The kickdown function for the auto is performed by a cable on the throttle pivot assembly near the firewall hanging down towards the auto. So a List 1850 will work just fine and it is the universal Holley offering and normally very cheap. I do recommend the electric choke, which may drive up the 1850 cost a bit.

Common mistake of Mustang owners is to purchase the “Ford” version of the 600 CFM, which is always more expensive than the universal 1850.

The 390 CFM will get better mileage all things equal. Although it you improve the exhaust or add a cam and manifold, the 600 may be a better choice all around.

Rob

Mustanger

The 8457s or 80457 carburetor should run very well on a 302. It will use a bit more gas, but it can be tuned in easily. The cheapest place to buy is Sumitt Racing or Jegs. Of note the carb you have has a Ford automatic kickdown lever, but the 68 Mustang does not need it. The kickdown function for the auto is performed by a cable on the throttle pivot assembly near the firewall hanging down towards the auto. So a List 1850 will work just fine and it is the universal Holley offering and normally very cheap. I do recommend the electric choke, which may drive up the 1850 cost a bit.

Common mistake of Mustang owners is to purchase the “Ford” version of the 600 CFM, which is always more expensive than the universal 1850.

The 390 CFM will get better mileage all things equal. Although it you improve the exhaust or add a cam and manifold, the 600 may be a better choice all around.

Rob

Rob,

Maybe a 0-80783C would be a good choice ... I thought that many of the Shelbys ran a 4150 series carb, and this model may "look" more period correct (although the 1850, 4160 series carb, was a popular aftermarket carb back in those days) ... check this out:

Product Description
Holley 0-80783C 650 CFM Four Barrel Street Carburetor Features: Model 4150; Universal Fuel Calibration; Electric choke; Center Hung Float Bowls; Dual Feed Fuel Inlet; Dichromate Finish; Ford A/T Kickdown; Power Valve Blow-out Protection

http://www.amazon.com/Holley-0-80783C-Performance-Secondary-Carburetor/dp/B00062ZM0K

http://www.jegs.com/i/Holley/510/0-...ley+0-80783C&gclid=CPa1l9mIuJMCFR6gnAodo1a2DA

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=HLY-0-80783C&N=700+115&autoview=sku

Last edited:

robert campbell

That would be a great carb!! Has secondary metering block for tuning the back set of the 4 barrel. A bit big for a stock 302, but great for a mild performance one.

Rob

wally05

Rich, the holley carb on the 302 you sold me was probably kind of big for my STOCK application. The current Edelbrock I have on there is in the high 400 area, I think and it is running smooth. Of course, it's now sporting ignitor electronic ignition, flamethrower coil, new plugs/flamethrower wires and more... but it runs great now. :) I've been told that 600 cfm is a bit too big for a 302, but with mods, I'm sure the car would use the 600 cfm.

wally05

If anyone wants, I have the older 1850 holley from my car (rich's old 302 car), rebuild kit and electric choke kit that I'd be willing to sell. A good cleaning and rebuild and it should run fine.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Hey Korey!
How's the new Bullit?

Put the new carb on the car and it's running great!!
Much better than with the 600 cfm carb.

Also added Pertronix ignition and Flamethrower Coil as well.

wally05

Hey Rich!

Not too bad. I have about 3,800 miles on it and I'm just now installing a new shifter into it. I've resisted modding anything. I love it how it is.

It's good to hear you go the 289 moving strong. :) I've been driving my cs a lot recently. It's a blast.