• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Family visit...

Midnight Special

...with members Ron "clubpro" and Joe "pnsy56shop" who flew all the way out from Berlin, NJ for business with our famed director of RnR Classics! After exchanging gifts, inspecting resident CS's and Ron going over my son TJ's Mustang wish list, we departed for a scenic drive to Colfax (and another small car show) with Ron doing the honors in the black GT/CS and Joe in the 428CJ Mach. TJ drove the C-code while I took photos along picturesque Highway 174. There were few, but very interesting cars there including some one-of-a-kind hybrids made from the best that mountain junkyards have to offer! Passing trains made for an excellent backdrop and a Chinese dinner capped off a wonderful visit and drive home! A heartfelt thanks to Ron and Joe for a great day!!

Attachments

• 1505.jpg
    1505.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 58
  • 1517.jpg
    1517.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 1522.jpg
    1522.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 1519.jpg
    1519.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 1515.jpg
    1515.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 34
  • 1508.jpg
    1508.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 46
  • 1507.jpg
    1507.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 45
  • 1506.jpg
    1506.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 50

hookedtrout

Looks like fun was had by all, as with Ron it looks like those that show up when the CS's hit the road get to have some fun driving one of your fleet. Does Ron live nearby or did he fly in as well, I couldn't tell if Joe flew in to meet Ron or if they both flew in. If Ron lives nearby we need to try and get as many members gathered up as possible when I come through this Sept/Oct, I'd love to meet as many family members as I can during my visit with you Tim.

Interesting cars/trucks at the show to say the least. Kind of nice to see something different for a change of pace.

Cory

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Amy, this was yesterday and yes, Ron is a great guy :)

Cory, Indeed we can get a few members together when you come. Count on some memorable driving and fellowship! Give me some firm dates as soon as possible so that I will know how much red carpet to order!

Ron is about an hour away as is Renee :) My new books will be here for you to sign as well.

Attachments

• 1518.jpg
    1518.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 47
  • 1521.jpg
    1521.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 28
  • 1523.jpg
    1523.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 33
  • 1513.jpg
    1513.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 1514.jpg
    1514.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 28

PonyGal

Tim,

Looks like you guys had a great time yesterday. Sorry I couldn't be there with you. Next time...

Although, I too had a lot of fun taking my nieces and grandkids to the San Francisco Zoo and Fisherman's Wharf. A couple of them had never seen the ocean before and we all had a blast. Froze our behinds off a bit, and were VERY tired when we go home, but it was worth it!

Attachments

• 100_4495.jpg
    100_4495.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 21
  • 100_4516.jpg
    100_4516.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 100_4525.jpg
    100_4525.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 100_4539.jpg
    100_4539.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 19
  • 100_4555.jpg
    100_4555.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 100_4590.jpg
    100_4590.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 32

hookedtrout

Amy, this was yesterday and yes, Ron is a great guy :)

Cory, Indeed we can get a few members together when you come. Count on some memorable driving and fellowship! Give me some firm dates as soon as possible so that I will know how much red carpet to order!

Ron is about an hour away as is Renee :) My new books will be here for you to sign as well.

Must be some "Special" members you plan to introduce me to if you plan on getting out the red carpet for them. ;-)

I will give you some firm dates and I'll try and get some close by hotels so we can get a reservation made and spend a day. Once we have firm dates we could plan this on the way down or the way back which ever date works best for you.

Cory

clubpro

Tim,

I can't thank you enough for your hospitality and especially for the great cruise you and T.J. took us on. Joe had a smile on his face the entire drive and just couldn't believe that someone he had just met would give him the keys to a 428 Mach 1 and let him take it for a drive. I am very happy that Joe is the one that bought my CS and I know that he will put her back together and make me proud. It was a very memorable weekend and you and T.J. were a big part in making it so great.

I will see you next month for the Roamin Angels show. I am really looking forward to it!

Cheers,

Ron

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Ron, handing Joe the keys was a no-brainer. He bought your car to restore and in conversation; it came up that he owned an S-code '69 Mach awhile back which he misses today. It was the logical thing to do...

Thanks again for being here. 'Looking forward to the RA show with you!

Sarge

Hey folks,

Include me on the get together. I met Ron this past weekend, and have already called him twice bugging him about places to go here in Sacramento to get specialized work done on my Special. :grin:

Thanks Ron!

Robert

pnsy56shop

Thank you to 3 great guys

So first let me say thank you to Ron, Tim and TJ for the great time they show this east coast boy. Ron show me all over the area and yes we visited Tim and his great collection of cars all I can say is Wow. Driving though the mountains in the "69"428CJ was a lot of fun brought back a lot of found memories for me and yes it was hard to get that smile off my face you guy are super! I had been looking for a high optioned 390 GT/CS for a while but hadn't seen any in the condition I wanted then Ron's car became available and i jumped on it. Ron and I have been in contact since late June, working out all the details of vacations and travel arrangements I was able to come out to California to check out Ron's car. This will be a great car when its done. I hope to make friend with many other member since I'll need all your help to do this car right. Tried to post pictures but there is a problem with security token somthing or other
Joe

robert campbell

Joe,
I am a sheetmetal mechanic from the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard! Are your from Portsmouth?

Rob

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

...Interesting sidebar. Both of my grandparents worked in the Richmond shipyards building Libertys during WWII. My mother was also a secretary there in '45 where she met my dad, a merchant marine, shortly after...

pnsy56shop

Tim, Building those Libertys was such an incredible feat in the amount of ships they put out in such a short time. Shipyard work was our family business there are so many stories I could tell just in the 9 years I worked at the shipyard. I miss working at pnsy

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Very neat Joe! If you ever get out this way again - I have huge photo albums and 8mm movies transfered to DVD of my parent's glory years. My wife & I treated my mom to a 9-hour cruise on the Jeremiah O'Brien (as well as a B-17 flight) shortly before she passed away. How I wished I was old enough at the time to digest all the stories my grandparents told. Without rambling on - I can sure agree on what a proud family tradition shipbuilding is!

Neat stuff indeed!