• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Family visit...

hookedtrout

Wow, this is going to be a lot of fun, it's going to be awesome to meet so many members but I will caution, please don't go out of your way if it burdens you or your family in any way.

Thanks, Cory

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Wow, this is going to be a lot of fun, it's going to be awesome to meet so many members but I will caution, please don't go out of your way if it burdens you or your family in any way.

Thanks, Cory

Cory,
We would only be "going out of our way" if we wanted to avoid this opportunity. But we know what you're saying, so I cancelled the Budweiser Clydesdales, Blue Angels, '60's rock concert, carnival rides and vendors. I then pulled the major network advertising and returned all the monies from tickets sold...

So now, it should indeed be a lot more fun ;-)

PonyGal

Oh Tim, you didn't cancel all the carnival rides did you??? I was looking foreward to the Merry-go-Round :sad:

Ron, a carvan up to Tim's place sounds like a good idea, so you keep working on Neil :wink:

Neil, isn't it time for you to make another trip out this way :grin:

Cory, can't wait to see you at the end of the month!!!

hookedtrout

Oh Tim, you didn't cancel all the carnival rides did you??? I was looking foreward to the Merry-go-Round :sad:

Ron, a carvan up to Tim's place sounds like a good idea, so you keep working on Neil :wink:

Neil, isn't it time for you to make another trip out this way :grin:

Cory, can't wait to see you at the end of the month!!!

Y'all are freakin awsome is all I can say.

Cory

franklinair

Just ck'd on air travel to SFO:
I can book a flight into SFO on Fri, 9-25, arriving @ 9:30 PM local time.
Enterprise has offered me a VIP rental car (we use them @ my airport).
Would plan to drive to Grass Valley Sat morning.
Stay in Grass Valley Sat & Sun nights.
Drive back to SFO Mon morning.

Does this fit for everyone else's schedule?

Neil (Wanderlust) Hoppe

hookedtrout

Just ck'd on air travel to SFO:
I can book a flight into SFO on Fri, 9-25, arriving @ 9:30 PM local time.
Enterprise has offered me a VIP rental car (we use them @ my airport).
Would plan to drive to Grass Valley Sat morning.
Stay in Grass Valley Sat & Sun nights.
Drive back to SFO Mon morning.

Does this fit for everyone else's schedule?

Neil (Wanderlust) Hoppe

Matches my schedule, we will arrive in Grass Valley Saturday evening, spend all day Sunday with everyone and head on South Monday morning to visit my dad.

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

...That's fantastic Neil! Keep me posted on your precise plans. VERY MUCH looking forward to this and my books should be here any day :) What a great September this will be!

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

September 26 & 27 Rob.

Rhonda, If not Neil, there's a daily "Z" train that leaves Chicago for here. Call me from your cell when you make it to North Patte and I'll tell you which one to board from there!

Jump immediately after going through the tunnel pictured below. We'll be waiting!

J u s t k i d d i n g . . .

Truth is. we used to love hopping freights. My older brother told Mom he was going camping one weekend & was gone for four days... When he returned - she asked where he had gone. His response: "Oh, you'll find out..." A day later, she received a blank postcard from Ogden Utah.

Attachments

• 1426.jpg
    1426.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 35

franklinair

Rhonda;
Just meet me in ATL on the 25th, and we'll fly out to SFO together:wink:

Neil

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Atlanta? I could do that, what would a ticket for that cost? :cheesy:

...Seriously Rhonda? That would be cool!
You were "Queen on the Welcoming Committee" when I signed up in '05. Have enjoyed many laughs and intrigue since :) More red carpet on order!

Cory, I just received word my books were shipped from St Louis, MO. Can't wait!!!!!!

franklinair

Just completed my reservations on Air-Tran: Will get into SFO Fri nite @ 9:30PM. Enterprise is giving me a car, and will drive to Grass Valley- arriving there @ midnite+/-.Then I can spend Sat & Sun with the gang. Will drive back to SFO Mon morning to fly back home. CAN'T WAIT!!
I'll have my books for the book signing.
Tim: If you'll PM me your address, I'll put in my GPS to get to your place on Sat. I'll be staying at the motel near you that tou suggested.
Rhonda: JOIN US!!

Neil:cool:

P.S.
Anyone who doesn't come- we'll talk about you!

Mustanglvr

Thanks guys,I'd love to, but I have too many obligations at the end of September.:undecided
Maybe next year. :smile: