• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

'06 Mustang "CE" Calif. Edition

P

PNewitt

I was watching the news tonight (in No. Calif.), and low and behold--there was an ad for the new 06' Mustang CE! It was a red Mustang, with white LeMans stripes, rear wing, pony grille, chrome exhaust tips, (Bullitt) wheels, a dash emblem (1 of 400), and gas cap (emblem) with "CE" in the middle.

Very cool.

and Guess What? Thousands of people's brains just clicked on to:
"Hey, I remember the 1968 GT/CS. That's just like it."

Hmmm....it just might affect values for us.

PAUL N.

somethingspecial

Oh Great

Hmmm....it just might affect values for us.
Oh Great, Just what I need, My wife want's a GT/CS now, but with a 4 speed. Can we wait until we find her one before the values go up!!!!!

miller511

06 CE on MNF...again.

Hey all,

I saw the TV ad for the new 2006 California Edition Mustang (1 of 400) during MNF again last night. (I had also seen the ad a couple of weeks ago during a MNF game).
There seems to be very little info available on this car. I contacted my friendly local Ford dealer last week, looking for price, options, etc. They didn't know what I was talking about.
However, they did offer to sell me a Ford GT that they have on the showroom floor? What the ....? I guess the heard me say "Ford" and "GT", but not MUSTANG!!!

So....does anyone (Paul?) have any info on this car? Mostly, is it a V6 or GT? The Pony Package grill and fog lights suggest that it's a V6.

-Jeff

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Here's something to get you all started...

I'll have more tomorrow. I also took about 60 photos of these limited edit. Mustangs on the dealer lot. It's like April 1968 all over again--'cept I was there to document it!

Paul N.

Attachments

• califedition.jpg
    califedition.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 79

Doae's Girl

I Got It!!

Hello, I'm new to this so please bear with me. My husband just bought me this Wonderful piece of machinery. This is the first sight I’ve seen that has covered the Mustang CE. My Honey got me this Mustang California Edition. It takes me back to when the Mustang was a muscle car with a muscle car look. I was looking for the Legend Lime Convert Mustang, when my eyes fell upon this wonderful trip back in time of a car, with all the perks from modern day technology; it was love at first sight. So, anyway I would like to say thank you for the info you all have posted on the car I will be keeping an eye on Californiaspecial.com.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Welcome to the GT/CS (and HCS) Boards, "Doae's Girl".

I'm glad you like my posting of the new "CE" Mustang. I have a lead on how the project came together, and who at Ford in No. Calif. made it happen.

I plan on doing an article, possibly for Mustang Monthly, with photos. Having it in print should raise the value even more!

You are very lucky to get one of those. They only made 400. Was your "CE" package only $995 additional?

Enjoy your new car.

Paul N. (GT/CS Registrar)

p.s. I plan on doing a separate "CE" Registry, too.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

For those of you interested--here are a couple of photos of the new CE on the dealer's lot (Harrold Ford, Sacramento):

Paul N.

Attachments

• cegascap.jpg
    cegascap.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 35
  • rowce.jpg
    rowce.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 49

68sunlitgold

Paul,
iwhat are the "unique" parts to the car that make it a CE? Are there any interior parts other than the dash emblem?

Doug

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

No, it's just a dash emblem with an engraved number ( xxx of 400).

The CE consists of a chrome exhaust tip, hood and deck stripes, rear spoiler, gas cap with the CE logo, and the Pony Pkg.: (4.0 V-6, grille with pony and corall and lights, horse and bars fender emblems).

And it's avail in four colors, black, grey, red and blue.

Only 400 are being made, and sold in No. Calif. If someone had one out of state, it would be a real looker.

Paul N.

Mosesatm

Are the '68 GT/CS and HCS the only "special" Mustangs ever built with extensive body alterations?

U

Unregistered

Calif edition

We got one, it's pretty cool, but other than the info that i got with the car I can't find anything else about it.

Dave Dean Concord Ca.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I've been in touch with Mustang Monthly, to do a short article about the Mustang CE with photos, but it will be a few months before it appears in print.

Paul N.

66 6F HCS

It doesn't look ANY different than the standard Mustang other than the tiny changes to badging. Whoopty ding-dong. Not enough of a difference to make me look twice. Now if they had actually DONE something to the body (like in '68) to differentiate it from all the other mustangs out there...