• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 GT/CS commercial on You Tube

miller511

Do we know who the actor is in the commercial? I think we determined that it was not Charles Grodin in a previous thread. He looks very familiar. Just can't quite place him.

P

PNewitt

We do know that that commercial was filmed on the State Beach just north of Pismo Beach. I have a local historian that I'm inverviewing for the book. She knows all about movies and TV spots filmed there (and was around there in '68).

There are a total of four commercials. Two are short versions of the first two.

You'll notice that the last three commercials they made, the narrator says: "The WEST made it happen".. These ads were probably run in the other western states, like Utah, Arizona, Oregon and Washington, sometime after May, since California alone didn't produce the sales they had hoped for.

Paul N.