• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 1968 interior decor door panels

cool68

i,m upgrading from the standard interior to the interior decor...my question is can i use the standard arm rest with the interior decor door panel...if so please tell me how....thanks

franklinair

That's exactly what I did. (Don't care for the look of the Deluxe armrests, not to mention the additional expense).
IIRC the forward clip/screw remains the same. The aft clip/screw for the Deluxe armrest is more aft than the standard. I held the Deluxe door panel in place and marked it where the aft standard clip is located, and cut a square hole in the Deluxe panel and mounted the standard armrest.

Neil

Attachments

• 008 (6).jpg
    008 (6).jpg
    110 KB · Views: 93

dalorzo_f

Nice look. Looking at doing the same.

Does anyone have a dimensioned drawing to show where to mount the little added bracket for the door pull handle screws?

whodat

I may do the same at a later date. Im thinking of changing the interior color to Saddle from Parchment. I saw a Shelby with that color combination. Limegold outside saddle inside.

dalorzo_f

Anyone know if that is an original option? No expert, but thought the saddle was more overall tan/brown, the few I have seen are more like this...

interior.jpg

68shelby_interior2_large.jpg

And any assistance on locating the little bar to hold the pull handle screws? I guess I can mock it up, place the panles and fiddle around getting it centered if not...