• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. 2010 Carlisle Pics and Wrap-up

BroadwayBlue

Hey Everyone!

Sorry I know this post is about a month late ... :rolleyes: Can't believe it's already been a month since the Carlisle Ford Nationals were held.

The weather cooperated for the most part although there was some rain Thursday and Friday late in the afternoon. OK there was a lot but the weather was good during the day!

There were three 68 cars, mine, racingfan's (Dave) CS and hcsstang's (Tom) HCS. Tom's car is an AACA National winner and a beautiful car to see.

There was, as always, a good turnout of late model CS cars there.

Awards in the 68 Class:
1st: Tom Elledge's HCS
2nd: Dave Spencer's GT/CS
3rd: Rich DiMarino's GT/CS

In the late model class the breakdown was:
1st: Jacqueline Gallaher's 2007 Coupe
2nd: Bruce and Nancy Philipp's 2009 Coupe
3rd: Laura Riener's 2007 Coupe

Congrats to all the winners!

Had a chance to meet some other site members who attended without their cars (hopefully I don't miss anyone since it's been awhile ... my apologies if I do).

Classicsguy (Joe) made the trip up from Puerto Rico - he was on the hunt for parts for his Pebble Beige GT/CS
pnsy56shop (Joe) from NJ was there - had a long talk about his restoration project that is in progress - sounds like it's going to be a great car when complete.
JGFRANCK (Joel) was there too and stopped by to say hi!

One of the highlights of my weekend was to meet Rachael Veitch.
You may have seen her youtube video and news reports.
She's 91 years old and owns a 64 Comet Caliente called "Chariot".
She has driven it over 560,000 miles and is the original owner!
It was extremely hot and she was dressed for a special occasion. She didn't complain once. She signed autographs, talked with everyone that came by, took pictures, was up and down getting programs out her trunk, etc ... never would have guessed she was 91! What a great lady!
http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/gallery/video-utubecode.asp?code=t6LNo9OPHRg

The CJ Pony Parts/Mustang Pony Trail drive on Friday had a great turnout with well over 100 cars in attendance.

There was also a Green Hornet tribute at the show. Although it was painted a metallic burgundy, it was a nice looking car. The owner said he could never afford the original so he made a replica.

I also had the opportunity to meet the previous owner of my old J-code CS. I bought the car through his son and never met him actually. After my brother-in-law was talking with him and him saying he had a similar car and was from Long Island, they realized I had bought his car! That was pretty wild as well.

I have attached a few pictures here, the rest of the pictures from the weekend available here:
http://ponyrides.smugmug.com/Car-Sh...d-Nationals-10/12588996_t73LF#904118854_8gWbH

The GT/CS and HCS Specific pics are here in a smaller gallery:
http://ponyrides.smugmug.com/GTCS-C...rs-Carlisle-10/12588914_x7mEn#904070397_WgqD5

Attached photos:
Joe (classicsguy), Tom (hccstang) and myself
Green Hornet Tribute
Rachael Veitch and I
Team Mach I (from the Bullrun TV show) Owner Tony Intrieri and I
Dave (racingfan) and I
Winner's List

Sorry for the late and looong post ...
Great time once again - looking forward to 2011 ...

Attachments

• DSC_2866.JPG
    DSC_2866.JPG
    118.2 KB · Views: 49
  • DSC_2957.JPG
    DSC_2957.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 51
  • DSC_3078.JPG
    DSC_3078.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC_3080.JPG
    DSC_3080.JPG
    123.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_3098.JPG
    DSC_3098.JPG
    132.6 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_3150.JPG
    DSC_3150.JPG
    122.2 KB · Views: 47
  • DSC_3262.JPG
    DSC_3262.JPG
    128.7 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

classicsguy

Thanks for posting the pictures Broadway Blue!!! It was nice meeting you and Tom over at Carlisle!! I had a great time. Last time I was there was in 2002...cant wait to go again!!