• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2007+ 2011 gt/cs steering issues

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

the blog entry

here is the guy's blog entry that is having the issue
for those who don't have facebook:

"I will never purchase a car made by Ford again!

I will never buy a Ford vehicle for the rest of my life..Read below and pass it on to whoever you know interested in possibly buying a 2011 Mustang 5.0. Make sure it wasn’t built in June 2010.

I have found out that since i bought my 2011 Mustang GT in June 2010, that i along with countless others have a massive vibration or shimmy in the steering wheel from the factory when put in sport mode or when traction control/advance trac is turned off completely and going over 60 mph on any road. My steering wheel shakes about half an inch in both directions and gets worse the faster I go. I have addressed this issue with 2 dealerships who have noticed my problem and troubleshot the normal causes (tires, rims, rotors, rear axels etc). The issue was escalated to request an FSE (field service engineer) out to each dealership to find the cause only to hear back from them that apparently this is a "normal characteristic" of any 2011 mustang out today without even taking a drive in my car…-_-…Really? I have since posted on the ALLFORDMUSTANGS forum here http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...steering-wheel-vibration-enough-concern​.html about my issue to only find out there are about 10 others or more that replied, and others that have not reported on the forum saying they have the SAME PROBLEM and SAME BUILD DATE of June 2010. Everyone else doesn’t have this problem at all and report their steering wheel is butter smooth and in any mode/off and any speed. Ford’s “superior” FSE’s talked to me directly and tried to make me believe this is normal in any mustang out there. They have yet to prove this to me, I sure as hell don’t believe it. Ford is making up pity excuses in fear that they would have to fix the mustangs built during June 2010. I believe we have a faulty part such as the EPAS (Electronic Power Assist Steering) or another causing this issue but Ford will not honor my extended warranty on my car and closed my case along with countless others for this same reason. What I believe is going on is while the advance trac/traction control is turned on, its dampening a safety issue present in our cars and when we drive our cars with this safety feature for snow, ice, rain whatever turned off, it’s totally noticeable to the point where you fear driving your car at all. (these controls we have in our mustang will not introduce shaking in the steering wheel when turned off PERIOD. This is NOT NORMAL..It is actually a safety issue. I have taken another 2011 mustang for a test drive and this issue was not present at all and sure enough the car was built later than June 2010. I have also called countless company’s who modify these cars for a living and do not have this problem at all with there 2011's. I have never heard such a retarded response before like the one me and others are receiving from Corporate about our issue and my case has been closed like countless others for realizing Ford’s F*ckup. I bought an extended warranty for a reason and this has been the only issue I have addressed with Ford. I will never buy any car from Ford from this day on and I just hope that future customers can read this and see what they might possibly go through if they decide on buying a 2011 mustang 5.0. Also, if you are thinking about test driving a new 5.0, please beat the Sh*t out of it and check EVERYTHING before purchasing it!!!

Everyone Please pass this on to all of your friends on FB, I want to spread the word here to everyone possible. If you do, thank you..if not then that’s fine too.

Ford will eventually delete this post, so please copy and share it to whoever you can."

franklinair

There are avenues for unresolved complaints- especially if it is documented that Ford acknowedgles the unsafe condition. NTSB, National Highway Safety Commission ??

Neil

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

i think that is his problem , that ford is saying it is normal

SD CASPCL

I have a 2011 built in Jun 2010 and have no problems as described, with 11000 + miles on the clock, most of it at high speed on the interstate.

With that said, there is a TSB on noise in the front end, which results in the replacement of the lower control arms. If the OP hears a thunk when going over bumps, that is the problem.

Here is the TSB number....TSB 11-7-8, if you want to pass it on.

OP
OP
J

J.Bart

i'll pass it along.
what is your specific build date, if you don't mind me asking?

SD CASPCL

i'll pass it along.
what is your specific build date, if you don't mind me asking?

Sorry not answering, I have been off the board for a while.

My CS was built on Jun 9, 2010, and is #1202 of 2509 coupes, and #180 of 383 manufactured in Red Candy Metallic TC, in 2011.