• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Grouse hunting in Port Renfrew & Cowichan Lake 2011

GT/CS S Code

Well, Laurie and I just got back home tonight from a week of grouse hunting here on Vancouver Island. We started out in Port Renfrew on the west coast of the island, and then drove through the connecting logging roads until we reached Cowichan Lake. The grouse were a bit thin this year, but we put up a few and emptied a few 20 gauge hulls in the process. As always, the scenery was well worth the trip and the number of birds is never very important to us since it's a holiday trip and a chance to get away and relax for a week!
Here is the link to some photos and videos that I shot over the last week ...
http://s1221.photobucket.com/albums...t Renfrew and Lake Cowichan grouse trip 2011/
Enjoy,
Al & Laurie (and "Jake the Wonder Dog")

hookedtrout

Looks like some beautiful country, good food and good times.

My son got his first deer last Sunday and I'm so fortunate that I was able to be a part of it.

OP
OP
GT/CS S Code

GT/CS S Code

Great trip ...

Yeah, we had a great time and "kicked back" for a week and forgot the world outside! I retired in mid July and Laurie is now making plans to do the same about next May or June, so hopefully we'll get more time for travel, exploring, and a bit more bird hunting while our old dog "Jake" is still up to it. (... and us too!)

hookedtrout

Yeah, we had a great time and "kicked back" for a week and forgot the world outside! I retired in mid July and Laurie is now making plans to do the same about next May or June, so hopefully we'll get more time for travel, exploring, and a bit more bird hunting while our old dog "Jake" is still up to it. (... and us too!)

Well...congrats on the retirement, may it serve you well.

rvrtrash

Looks like a nice area. Relaxation is always a good thing.

Steve

OP
OP
GT/CS S Code

GT/CS S Code

Looks like some beautiful country, good food and good times.

My son got his first deer last Sunday and I'm so fortunate that I was able to be a part of it.

We get the darn things in our front yard eating Laurie's plants! (... and not little guys either ... BIG bucks ...)
:mad:

Attachments

• Deer in the garden 009.jpg
    Deer in the garden 009.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Deer in the garden 004.jpg
    Deer in the garden 004.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Deer in the garden browsing 015.jpg
    Deer in the garden browsing 015.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Deer in our yard today 002.jpg
    Deer in our yard today 002.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 21
  • Deer in our yard today 003.jpg
    Deer in our yard today 003.jpg
    244.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Tuesday morning breakfast guest 004.jpg
    Tuesday morning breakfast guest 004.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 25
  • Tuesday morning breakfast guest 005.jpg
    Tuesday morning breakfast guest 005.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 25
  • Tuesday morning breakfast guest 002.jpg
    Tuesday morning breakfast guest 002.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 26

hookedtrout

Cory,

Tell Jace congratulations on his deer!! Got any pictures???

Here ya go. We get the wonderful White Tails in our yard as well, along with Moose but it's not the greatest place to be out shooting so we just enjoy the ones that hang out here and we hit the hills for the Mule Deer and the time well spent bonding and searching for them.

Attachments

• IMG_0389.jpg
    IMG_0389.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 29