• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. 36th International Mustang Meet, Missoula, MT

TraveledGTCS

Hi all

I was just wondering if any one else is going to the 36th International Mustang Meet in Missoula, MT, over Labor Day weekend. I shall be there in my Special. I'm taking the scenic route via Hwy 12 from Washington. I'm staying at La Quinta Inn, just off I-90, about $40.00 cheaper per night than the host hotel.

I usually see a couple or so at the meets so I was wondering who to look for this year.

Looks like this year the show parking is spread out quite a bit. Three different parking areas, so put on your walking shoes.

Arlie, it's not too far from Spokane - are you heading down?

Bill

Mosesatm

Hmmm, 206 miles, that's not far at all. About 3 hours, 2 if Rob's driving.
I may need to do that.
Steve, are you around that weekend?

rvrtrash

Heading to Seattle on Monday the 7th, but the weekend is free. Road trip?

Steve

OP
OP
TraveledGTCS

TraveledGTCS

Is Saturday is the best day checking out the cars?

Yes, the Show-n-shine is from 12-4 on Saturday. As I mentioned before the mustangs are in three different parking areas. Currently I don't know where the 68 Specials are parked, but the initial breakdown has 64 1/2-68 stock coupes together, but that usually gets broken down once they have the pre-registrations in to get an idea how many to expect; and there's also the day of registrations.

Here is a link to their show parking areas: http://fivevalleyfordclub.com/yahoo_site_admin/assets/docs/overall_parking.222205327.pdf

As I also mentioned bring your waking shoes. This is the first one I've been to which is spread out in wide apart areas, it's worst than Bellevue. This is the tenth one I have attended, and I've enjoyed them all. Didn't always win, but what a blast. The last few years there's been about 400 or more participants. I believe it was Red Deer, Alberta, where the 68 Cal Special/HCS Stock Class had eight entries, and there's usually at least four or five.

For those who want more info: http://fivevalleyfordclub.com

Bill

lnevill

Bonnie and Clyde will be there

Lee and Sara will be there with our S code 4 speed, Bonnie and Clyde. The PO is from Missoula and that is where we picked her up before the restoration.

Looking forward to seeing him and others, not to mention those crazy Canadians, eh!!

Lee

DeadStang

Lee and Sara will be there with our S code 4 speed, Bonnie and Clyde. The PO is from Missoula and that is where we picked her up before the restoration.

Looking forward to seeing him and others, not to mention those crazy Canadians, eh!!

Lee

I am looking forward to seeing B&C again this year, perhaps in a little more detail... No CS for me, tho, I think I'm Cougar girl this year. Should be an interesting trip.

limelyt

I’ve been attending this event since 2004 and it is always nice to see everyone from the U.S. that we have not seen for a year. Bill and I always chat it up and yes Bill you are right, Red Deer Alberta had eight entries and Vancouver had 7. Missoula had only 2 but maybe because there was no GT/CS class. I’m on the committee for the 37th International Mustang meet were we are getting ready for 700+ Mustangs to converge on Calgary, Alberta. Our host hotel is already SOLD out but lots of room at the secondary Hotel. I remember meeting most of you at the MCA show in Seattle and going to Rob’s for awesome BBQ. I hope a lot of you will consider making the trip to this event. We have a GT/CS class and want to see more that Red Deer. Here is a link for our Web site where you can find the registration form, presentation video that we brought to Missoula, car classes and a lot of other information regarding the show. http://www.abmustang.com/index.html. I will bring both GT/CS’s to the show (the new 2016 GT/CS hopefully) along with the 68.