• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

40 Years Ago Tonight--Feb 15th

P

PNewitt

Here are four photos of the unveiling of the GT/CS to the Southern California Ford Dealers! This happened exactly 40 years ago TONIGHT (Feb 15th, 1968).

This was at the Hyatt in Century City, near Beverly Hills, in Los Angeles, in the ballroom in the lower part of the Hotel. This hotel is still there today!

Lee Grey is up on stage, telling about this new Mustang, to help sales for the So Cal Market, in the spring of 1968. The women are American Airline Stewdardesses to act as display models.

We celebrate this great event, and I wanted to share in the excitement by presenting these photos for you!!!

(and of course, these,and several other photos of this event will be in my book).

Enjoy!!
Paul N.

Attachments

• feb15.jpg
    feb15.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 53
OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Here are the other two.

(all photos, copyright 2008, Paul M. Newitt)

-Paul.

Attachments

• csevent.gif
    csevent.gif
    103.2 KB · Views: 66

Diesel Donna

<~~~~was thinking what Joe said.....I was still celebrating Single Awareness day.

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

I posted this late tonight, since I'll be gone from my Mac all day tomorrow.

Of course, I could have just not remembered this date in time, and done nothing. I just thought it was important to share, that's all.

P.

joedls

I posted this late tonight, since I'll be gone from my Mac all day tomorrow.

Of course, I could have just not remembered this date in time, and done nothing. I just thought it was important to share, that's all.

P.

Thanks for reminding us, Paul!!! I meant no offense by my last posting, just a little good-humored ribbing.

J.Bart

that one picture has a reeeaalllyyy big poster, i don't think it would even fit in a garage

Doug

If Feb 15th was the date of birth for CS; what was the last day of production? I read somewhere that it was July 18th - the same day that my CS was produced.

Doug

CJ

Your art work is always too cool Tim.....thanks

CJ