• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

429 Gt/cs

Mustanger

390cs68rcode said:
wasn't this one for sale before or am I confusing it with another 429 CS?

... No, I don't think it's another one, I think it's the same one from before ... he should post pic's of the interior and engine ...

68gt390

Looks like a dealer bought it and is now flipping it. Don't care much for the fog lights and the way they are mounted. Also, looks a little tacky with cardboard sitting under it to catch the oil that's dripping. Will be interesting to see what it brings.

Don

sam

this car looks familiar to me..............I think we've seen it before

Sam

Midnight Special

68gt390 said:
Looks like a dealer bought it and is now flipping it. Don't care much for the fog lights and the way they are mounted. Also, looks a little tacky with cardboard sitting under it to catch the oil that's dripping. Will be interesting to see what it brings.

Don

Indeed!... How do some of you feel about a small block car being fitted w/ a 429 ie; structural integrity, suspension etc... 'Seems a risky buy w/o complete history. Your thoughts??

68gt390

Not really a bad buy if the work has been done correctly. That is, if the springs have been beefed up in the front along with some frame strengthening and definitely changing the rear to a 9". I'd also want to add some sway bars to it as well. I've seen too many folks put a big block in an original small block car and not do their home work and really ruin a nice car.

Don