• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

'57 T-Bird

franklinair

Does anyone know of a T-Bird site like our HCS/CS site? I have to do some small repairs on Peggy's '57 bird. Shop manual no help. I need info on the glovebox & latch assembly.

Neil

di81977

If you have questions or are tracking down parts, Amos Minter is THE restoration guy for 55-57 Tbirds. His shops is awesome and he seemed like a very nice man.

http://www.amosminter.com/

At one point, several years back, I was contemplating buying one and went to Dallas to meet him. Ended up with my 64 Corvette instead.

Neil, did you ever get the gas tanks squared away:) Hope it was not too much of a hassle.

David

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Yes David. The kid mistakenly put 5 gallons of Jet-A fuel in the T-bird & my'68 convertible. Drained both tanks, put in 5 gallons of 100 octane avgas and they both ran fine.

Neil