• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

68 GT/CS Eleanor

meadowsdk28

[quote author=19HCS68 link=board=1;threadid=1632;start=0#msg9964 date=1114813311]

PS Sorry I don't know how to make the "Quote" option to work. :-[
[/quote]

Gary, Just hit reply with quote and then delete out any text you don't want or need.

And yes, you are old when you think of Eleanor as the 73. That is, according to my son, the college student. Guess we're both old.

meadowsdk28

I am actually taking good stuff off mine to take it back to original (like taking off the GT hub caps, and GT gas cap). Casey

Alright, alright, man I was just kidding. You guys are brutal. :)

So....Casey....What do you want for those hubcaps, then?

hcsstang

I like to hear when somebody says take it back original. While your at it you might as well paint the oil filter blue. Thats one item that I got deducted on with MCA.

390cs68rcode

[quote author=hcsstang link=board=1;threadid=1632;start=15#msg9980 date=1114900349]
While your at it you might as well paint the oil filter blue. Thats one item that I got deducted on with MCA.
[/quote]

So a white repro Autolite filter would not be correct?

19HCS68

[quote author=meadowsdk28 link=board=1;threadid=1632;start=15#msg9978 date=1114868136]
[quote author=19HCS68 link=board=1;threadid=1632;start=0#msg9964 date=1114813311]

Gary, Just hit reply with quote and then delete out any text you don't want or need.
[/quote]

I knew it was something simple that I over looked. Thanks for the pointer everyone. Still couldn't make it work quite right though, as you can see. :-[

Gary[/quote]

P

PNewitt

I'm getting ahead of the game here, but I am planning to have a section of (my new GT/CS) book about modifications to the GT/CS (and '68 HCS) for people that wanted to go the high-tech route.

I would like to include a Vintage Shelby version, and some sort of current version that would compete with the "Eleanor" types.

For example, Ford Racing now offers a complete 427 crate motor, and there are at least three suspension mod companies that do the struts, etc. There are about three rear end (IRS) options, too.

I'd like to run these mods by SAAC for some sort of "blessing", if that would help things along. I've always thought that the CS was MORE of a natural for coupe mods than any other coupe, since it has a head start with the fiberglass, etc.

As for the coupe comments--just remember. the '65-'68 Coupe roofline was taken from the 1956 Lincoln Mark II. So, we have a lot of class in our corner (we already did!). Coupes are the lightest body style, too. That's why Ford and Shelby raced them in the '67-'68 Trans-Am series.

Paul N.

p.s. this idea of a Ford blue filter for MCA shows is ridiculous! The thinking is the engine was painted with the filter on--and it should be like that at the shows. IF one follows that logic, you should have clear plastic on the seats, and paper mats from the factory as well. Dealer prep replaced the oil and filter with an Autolite one.