• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale 68 gt/cs

Mosesatm

I have an X-Auto-Lime... I have a regular Marti for it, but not a super expensive one. I have the framed, expensive report on another car that makes it a 1-of-1, but it's lame--something like, "...the only one sold with white sidewall tires in this color and engine/transmission code from this dealer..." Not really special. Is that the report you're wanting on the X-Lime CS?

If you would post the one-of-one portion here that would be wonderful.

Thanks

TexAg

I don't mean to hijack the post, but I'm a newbie to the cs. What are the covers on the fog lamps? I've seen them on several cars. Is it just a protective piece?

OP
OP
G

gt/csj4

Ya they are meant as a protective cover for the glass since rocks tend to wreak havoc onto the grill so they are a safeguard against it. They come in different styles not just the black ones shown, although not ALL lucas covers are correct for gt/cs and hcs

Mosesatm

Here's a photo of the other style.

Attachments

• Early Lucas Covers.jpg
    Early Lucas Covers.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 37

bates40

Incredible information, was thinking about bidding on the car will will hold off

franklinair

Well, here's what I've gleaned so far on this car:
1.) It was advertised twice on E-Bay, selling for $14.5K on the second ad, apparently to the current owner/seller in TX.
2.) The car pretty much agrees with the Marti Report.
3.) The only major/visual differences I see currently (from the previous sale) are cosmetic (engine, engine compartment, red oxide belly) and the addition of dual exhaust w/headers.
4.) Based on the current photos I counted 30+ glitches & repairs (mostly minor, some not) that I would address, and I'm by no stretch an MCA Judge.
5.) 390gtmustang has made arrangements to go look at the car (my concerns are cowls, frame, and torque boxes)
6.) If the car checks out OK, and the bid level doesn't take it out of range, and if no one here wants the car, I may bid on it. If any of these 3 issues don't work out, I'll not bid on it. I've run a survey of what I'd do with the car, and I'm guesstimating $4K to $5K additional expenditure.

So for now its a wait & see.

Neil

speedy02

Neil I would like to know what your 30+ glitches & repairs are in detail?

OP
OP
G

gt/csj4

i can see:

-stripes too high
-grille color wrong
-grille is incorrect (for gt/cs- hcs)
- wheel well chrome not mentioned on report
-it's not a GT so should not have the GT attributes ie gas cap, center caps
-exhaust (all of it) is wrong
-pedestals for the lucas lights are the wrong color
-no fog light supports
-cant seem to see any fog switch
-side mirrors are wrong not even sure they're mustang or ford for that matter
-not sure why it has the rad. support rubber seal on it i dont see air con for this car and it's clearly not a I-6 or a big block
-shock mounts are wrong color
-missing fender hood height adjusters (cal-hcs specific)
-radiator is wrong
-radiator cap is wrong
-obviously the cobra valve covers and air cleaner are wrong but are 'period correct'
-plug wires
-pretty certain that fuel line going into the carb, is for a air car
-dizzy vac advance is wrong (or pictures arent doing it justice)
-(lots of incorrect things under the hood but unless youre going mca concours its -insignificant)
-looks like horns are after market repo's
-monte carlo brace
-missing windshield washer squirters, and hoses
-missing cowl radio strap
-overhead console looks like a 67 (too shiny to be woodgrain)
-deluxe buttons on rear seats but not the fronts
-window cranks are 67's
-one wing window handle (driver side) is a 67 the pass side is 68
-piece above glove box is missing circular running horse insiginia
-radio is wrong (obviously)
-steering wheel is a disaster
-missing back seat divider (cheap easy fix)
-looks like its missing the 1/4 panel to trunk board
-trunk is wrong color it looks like splatter paint
-spare tire cover not correct (easiest fix haha)
-bumper guards wrong 67's
-nuts for third member are wrong
-driveshaft looks like its primer grey with a hint of clear coat ;)
-springs are wrong color
-shocks wrong
-blue poly bushings
- i literally can see 20+ things wrong with the underside but nonetheless its a clean belly for a driver

obviously these are things that I MYSELF would not leave alone, and would fix. There is probably an additional 30 items i didnt mention, but that's me being a concours whore

Last edited:

Mosesatm

Script doesn't line up propperly on the passenger side
The deck lid Mustang script may be too high
Incorrect rear bumper guards
Stripes in front of the scoops
Steering wheel poorly restored
Not enough screws holding down the tail light panel
Note how the idler arm is almost touching the header
Trunk seems to be speckle painted
Some sort of sticker on the underside of the hood
I don't see any fog light supports

But, it has the correct hood and all chrome tail light bezels!!!

What or where is the trunk duck tail extension thing?

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gt/csj4

Script doesn't line up propperly on the passenger side
The deck lid Mustang script may be too high
Incorrect rear bumper guards
Stripes in front of the scoops
Steering wheel poorly restored
Not enough screws holding down the tail light panel
Blue Poly end links
Note how the idler arm is almost touching the header
Trunk seems to be speckle painted
Some sort of sticker on the underside of the hood

But, it has the correct hood and all chrome tail light bezels!!!

What or where is the trunk duck tail extension thing?

it's in one of the pics of the trunk i swear it looks like there was something 'glued' or something to the top of the stock ducktail

edit i just took a extra special look at it... and i know what i was seeing! its the poorly aligned trunk and the rear stripe for it was put on so thats why it looked like a "piece" was added to it haha my bad

sportyworty

Based on the history I am aware of, would be willing to bet it is very solid. Most of our cars in San Diego have great Cowls and Torque boxes. This car has been away from Cali but not that long. I would not have had interest if rust or previous rust repair was a concern.

dacmotors

Selling Black GT/CS

I am the person selling this car. This is a Real Black on Black with Black Delux Interior car. I am selling it No Reserve becouse most of the cars we sell are no reserve unless they are 10K cars or under. We have two cars going to Barrett Jackson next week for Vegas and they too sell no reserve. Regarding the comments on the car; most are correct with the stuff that are not perfect as in the color of bushings and brackets. Yes it has the fog light switch, yes the mufflers and exhaust are not correct for this car....not every car is 100% perfect in every detail becouase not everyone cares or can afford a pebble beach car. Many of the assumptions are also not correct. This car is solid and this morning was inspected by the person that said in this thread he would contact me to inspect the car....I knew what he was doing and like in every car...have nothing to hide, so allowed the inspection and for someone to post his thoughts....my risk, but its whatever. Bottom line; I love the car and im sure someone else will....dont forget this is a passion to some people, not an opportunity to make ourselves feel better by pointing out issues with other peoples cars. Any and all cars we either buy to clean up and sell, build from parts or keep as is and just flip are all up for a personal inspection at any time.....

franklinair

dacmotors- WELCOME!
A nice response on your part, and I'm sure you can tell by the previous posts we are somewhat protective of one another.:smile:
I asked Mark to look at the car on my behalf, and his info to me was in fact quite positive. While it is true that what I call 'glitches" exist on the car, it is none the less a very good (surviving) example of this specific model.
The stated criticisms are intended to be positive in nature, and should not be construed as just picking the car apart.
I intend to watch the bidding process over the next few days, and if the price remains in the arena that I believe to be correct, I'll be bidding on it as well. Good luck to both of us.

Neil Hoppe

dacmotors

Thanks Neil

Neil. Thank you and yes I too am very protective and this is my largest passion in life outside my family. I do the best I can to describe the cars as I see them and I try to stand back a little as you can see by my feedback. Every car is up to personal opionon. I try to respect others as this is a small world and maybe someday I will have my dream car (68 Shelby GT350) and even if it has incorrect parts it may fit more in my price range....as long its the real deal.

OP
OP
G

gt/csj4

I agree i myself was not intending my list as negative, it was asked what was wrong with the car and me being a concours whore i got carried away lol. I still really really like the car and you did a stand up job with that underside.. Cheers

TexAg

Dacmotors - I agree with what's already been said. These guys are here to protect the legacy of the CS. This only helps you. Their sharp eye helps keep the value of the "real deal" where it should be and protect buyers from cars that aren't. Their observations should not be taken as critism, but only as an objective view to properly value the car.

For what it's worth, I think it's a nice car, and wish Neil luck!

Mosesatm

According to Marti there were only 21 Raven Black 289 auto cars, or .5% of the total.