• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 A little progress

franklinair

Here's a couple photos of progress:
Voltmeter conversion & Minitach, and floorpans before rust treatment & paint. Luckily, just surface rust.
As an added note (no photo yet) I just received the AC/Vent control unit for the driver's side. BEAUTIFUL!! Made by Desert Classic Parts in AZ.

Neil

Attachments

• DSC00937.jpg
    DSC00937.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 81
  • DSC00930.jpg
    DSC00930.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:

stangfan

Wow, that voltmeter sure looks different with the needle all the way to the left. I like it. You will really know what the charging system is doing. Love the mini-tach also. :cool:

mbsf1970

Progress is good......nice for you to have the time and space to move projects along...

I'm planning my move to NC soon. :)

Stephen

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Car is in the body shop...Had to replace left front fender (prev damage=poor repair, left front fender extension (prev damage=poor repair, left rear 1/4 extension=poor repair, left side scoop=prev damage=poor repair, new front valance, stone guard, driver's door skin=prev damage, poor repair)
In the meantime, I'm doing cleaning/fixing other things. Now I'll have the seats upholstered (Nugget Gold). Arlie found seatbacks & headrests.

Neil

Attachments

• 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 25
  • 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 27

somethingspecial

I know it has been posted before, but who does the Volt meter conversions, and at what cost. I need to do this with my copper CS. I have the 8K mini tach, just need to install.

Arlie, did you find 68' seat backs with head rests, or did you go with the 69' SB head rests?

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

1.) Rocketman's Classic Cougar for V/M conversion
2.) Cougar seatbacks ('69). I've purchased new seat foams.

Neil

Mosesatm

Yes there are various methods to install headrests. Based on factors involved with this particular situation I decided the best method was to purchase some Cougar seat backs on eBay.

Last edited: