• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

A Nice Drive!!!!!!

somethingspecial

Today I pulled Something Special out of the trailer to start the detailing for the Galpin and Knotts events. One thing led to another and before I knew it Robinette and I were driving to town. It was the first trip since Sept. 30th when it was last run. I worked out some fuel and electrical problems and she sure runs sweet now. I was nice to drive her. I was going to trailer it from Knotts to Galpin and back, but now I am pretty confident I will drive it with the rest of the pack to and from. Just wanted to share. Mike

joedls

Today I pulled Something Special out of the trailer to start the detailing for the Galpin and Knotts events. One thing led to another and before I knew it Robinette and I were driving to town. It was the first trip since Sept. 30th when it was last run. I worked out some fuel and electrical problems and she sure runs sweet now. I was nice to drive her. I was going to trailer it from Knotts to Galpin and back, but now I am pretty confident I will drive it with the rest of the pack to and from. Just wanted to share. Mike

How about a caravan from Buena Park to GAS on the 19th?

hicountrybob

How about a caravan from Buena Park to GAS on the 19th?
RIGHT ON,LET'S DO IT. I have a friend (Barry Mathis) with a fresh yellow '68 HCS who, with his young son, will be leading me from Denver out to the Knotts Hotel, but we're going to be like a bunch of blind dogs in a meathouse out there with traffic and the likely lane changes to Galvin. Please let somewhere in the middle of the herd. HC Bob here.

Diesel Donna

Ooooh I didn't realize we were doing a convoy to Galpin. Okay where is the rendezvous place...Maybe the Starbucks lot on Beach like we do for Knott's? Then us locals can lead and bring up the rear...put the out of towners in the middle and everyone have maps and cell phones. Distribute maps at Starbucks...
Input anyone? Do we pick up any others on the way? We need Tim and his walkie talkies!

~~~~Donna

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Ooooh I didn't realize we were doing a convoy to Galpin. Okay where is the rendezvous place...Maybe the Starbucks lot on Beach like we do for Knott's? Then us locals can lead and bring up the rear...put the out of towners in the middle and everyone have maps and cell phones. Distribute maps at Starbucks...
Input anyone? Do we pick up any others on the way? We need Tim and his walkie talkies!

~~~~Donna

Sounds great Donna, You can have the Front door, and Bob and Us will be in the rocking chair. LOL. We will bring four Walkie Talkies, so we have that covered. Mike

joedls

~~~~Donna

Sounds like a plan to me. But it's probably not a good idea to let me lead the pack. Might get us into trouble. :wink:

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

Sounds like a plan to me. But it's probably not a good idea to let me lead the pack. Might get us into trouble. :wink:

Hey Joe, great Idea. If you led the pack, everyone who saw us go by would think they were watching the fast frieght train full of cars go by. LOL. MIke

CALIF GIRL

But it is you I am supposed to pick on......and it would not be right if I didn't

joedls

What time are we leaving for GAS? I would recommend ~8 AM. Who all is convoying from Buena Park? We can meet at the Starbucks on Beach and leave from there.

OP
OP
somethingspecial

somethingspecial

O-Dark 30!?!?!?!?!

Joe, 0800 hours sounds great to me for a departure time. People should start assembling between 0730 and 0800. for those staying at the Knotts Berry Farm Hotel, I'll pull the fire alarm at about 0700 to get you up. LOL. Just kidding, (watch, some joker will really pull the alarm), ;-o Mike

rvrtrash

Joe, 0800 hours sounds great to me for a departure time. People should start assembling between 0730 and 0800. for those staying at the Knotts Berry Farm Hotel, I'll pull the fire alarm at about 0700 to get you up. LOL. Just kidding, (watch, some joker will really pull the alarm), ;-o Mike

And we'll know which joker that would be--don't we!

Steve