• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ADMIN - Site redesign - Go w/ a light or dark color scheme?

Which color scheme would you prefer?

• I prefer a LIGHT color scheme (dark text on light background)

Votes: 5 15.2%
  • I prefer a DARK color scheme (light text on dark background, similar to what we have now)

Votes: 12 36.4%
  • I don't really care either way

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Keep it the way it is.

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I'm ramping up to redesign the site in order to better include the late model GT/CS cars. While I'm at it I'll probably revise the entire color scheme as well.

I'm leaning toward a light color scheme rather than the dark like we have now, but wanted to get feedback.

Thanks!

BroadwayBlue

Ultimately it's your decision! (Much like we tell everyone about their cars and what to do with them)

If you're redesigning I think going light which is totally different then what we have now will fit in with the new look.

Did you expect the guy with "Midnight" in his name to want anything other than "dark"? :rolleyes:

Blue works for me! :cool:

case12

I vote not to change the look of the site. It is unique.

All the other sites look the same to me. This one has personality. Or maybe I have just gotten used to always coming home to "my friendly neighborhood site".

Casey

rvrtrash

I like it the way it is, but I'm easy to please--or is that just easy.

Steve

DeadStang

OK, I have to admit that my aging eyes have a hard time with this particular forum, but this one IS totally unique as is.

gtcs1

I like the way it is. For me it is like an old habit, got used to.

By the way, this Highland green background is so nice, the best choice possibly that could have been made for the site, I wonder why I like it so much????

chewyz_me

I say dark. maybe not black, but a dark grey or grey/blue. Simple color scheme helps offset the beauty of all the car pics.

if u need any help w/ the redesign i'd gladly help, i havn't done much web design or GFX in a while and wudn't mind a little project

BroadwayBlue

Jon,

Whatever color you decide on we're still going to hangout here!

Just curious if you had any thoughts on what you were going to do with the old vs new Gallery? Still keep them separate or combine them somehow?
Would hate to lose the old stuff.

Just curious - you might not thought about it at all yet and that's fine.

If you need any help let me know

Last edited:
OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Just curious if you had any thoughts on what you were going to do with the old vs new Gallery? Still keep them separate or combine them somehow?
Would hate to lose the old stuff.
Yeah, the Gallery has been a problem child for a while now. I'd like to move everything to the new Gallery, but the general stuff (Misc GT/CS and HCS Items) doesn't work well with the new Gallery. It's still on my list of things to work out.