• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Another April car show...

Midnight Special

...If you're in Northern California and not planning to attend the Galpin event; there is a wonderful show in Grass Valley on Saturday, April 26 hosted by the Grass Valley Downtown Assoc. I will again reserve a "Special" section for anyone who wants to come & am planning to bring the whole collection.

This is an intimate and scenic show where they close the entire historic portion of Grass Valley for cars. The event usually sees around 400 w/ judging in all classes...

We make it "extra fun" by meeting here and parading to the event in the morning, enjoying the show, then a cruise followed by social afterwards.

I can also assist with overnight accommodations & would welcome a few extra drivers for my CSs :)

Please let me know in the coming weeks & we'll "make it happen!" PM or contact me at airfest@gmail.com for a PDF entry form and more information. Commemorative T-shirts and a special banner will be on hand for photo ops as well :))

Attachments

• IM001871.JPG
    IM001871.JPG
    105.5 KB · Views: 36
  • DSC_0580.jpg
    DSC_0580.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 32
  • IM001877.JPG
    IM001877.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 28
  • IM001896.JPG
    IM001896.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 26
  • IM001882.JPG
    IM001882.JPG
    120.4 KB · Views: 27
  • IM001883.JPG
    IM001883.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IM001899.JPG
    IM001899.JPG
    104.4 KB · Views: 37
  • IM001892.JPG
    IM001892.JPG
    132 KB · Views: 31

nates68

Tim, I will make plans to bring my GT/CS to the show. What about motels in the area? Nates68

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

...There is a classy and inexpensive one (overlooking the golf course) 3 minutes from my house. Send me some pics of your car Nate so I can incorporate it onto the t-shirt. 'Delighted you're planning to come :)

nates68

Thanks Tim, Im working on sending some pictures soon.
Thanks Nates68

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Thanks Tim, Im working on sending some pictures soon.
Thanks Nates68

...Thanks Nate and got your pics. You have a one of a kind, very cool looking CS! (See nate68's gallery for some spirited individuality:)
For you and others who want to join us up north; feel free to contact me at the airfest@gmail.com address where I'll follow up w/ mapquest directions and all pertinent information approx. 1 month before the show. We're not limited to CSs, but the space I reserved is only good to 15 cars max. below is the pdf application form if you want to go on your own. 'Looking forward to a nice time :)

Attachments

• car show gen2008.pdf
    298.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IM001895.JPG
    IM001895.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Not making any promises, but there's no reason someone couldn't do Knott's and this show, too. :cool:

...Absolutely Joe! I was only giving consideration for folks traversing the 500 miles to one and/or the other within the short time. The Knott's/ Galpin event looks like the place to be as a well polished 40th celebration!

For those of us who stay in NorCal, this is merely another event...

With enough notice, (limited space) I would more than roll out the red carpet for you or anyone to attend :)

I would also love to attend the Carlisle event that Rich has posted :) Check out the slide show on his thread! Too many, too far and too costly to make 'em all, so let's just consolidate the feedback & photos here as best we can so as not to leave anyone out...

BroadwayBlue

Hey if I can come and not bring my car maybe I should bring a life size cutout! That would be cool for those showing up without cars huh? Like those life size cutouts of sports stars.

This show looks great too just like the Galpin event!!

Might have to invest in an enclosed trailer before the 50th reunion :grin:

I don't think I can make it out that way in April for either but would love to. If something changes you guys will be one of the first to know!

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Hey if I can come and not bring my car maybe I should bring a life size cutout! That would be cool for those showing up without cars huh? Like those life size cutouts of sports stars.

This show looks great too just like the Galpin event!!

Might have to invest in an enclosed trailer before the 50th reunion :grin:

I don't think I can make it out that way in April for either but would love to. If something changes you guys will be one of the first to know!

...No trailer needed, just a plane ticket... Fly out & take one of mine Rich! Arlie too if you happen to be in be in CA around that time... I only hope we're not in an "El Nino" and this rain doesn't go until then. I'm running out of photos to look at - I'd rather be taking them ;-)

BroadwayBlue

...No trailer needed, just a plane ticket... Fly out & take one of mine Rich! Arlie too if you happen to be in be in CA around that time... I only hope we're not in an "El Nino" and this rain doesn't go until then. I'm running out of photos to look at - I'd rather be taking them ;-)

That is a very generous and tempting offer Tim!!! Thanks!

nates68

Im glad you got my pictures tim, I put in for the 25th to take off work so I can come up on fri. No Rain,No Rain....... That motel sounds good send me all the info. thanks Nates68

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

...Nate & others - I'll produce a pdf flyer that will contain all pertinent info closer to the weekend. I reserved our space yesterday and am getting busy on a "40th" banner as well as our own GT/CS themed T-shirts. As this event is in the heart of the gold country, there are alot of shops, museums, restaurants and historic sites to peruse, so a stay through Sunday can make for a nice mini-vacation as well :)

Rich; I'm sincere about providing a "ride" for you and a few other Easterners to enjoy our local heritage without worry of bringing your own car cross country. 'Gives you a chance to command another CS while providing us another esteemed driver. We're less than 1 hr. from the Sacramento Airport. There are two additional shows here (June and September) where we can do the same. 'Goal being "East meets West" with posted follow up :)

But again - not to take away from the "Knott's Galpin"! Truly, the full immersion resides there.

Attachments

• 0067.JPG
    0067.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC_0441.jpg
    DSC_0441.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 0112.JPG
    0112.JPG
    204.7 KB · Views: 17
  • 0099.JPG
    0099.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IM001893.JPG
    IM001893.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IM001886.JPG
    IM001886.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Mosesatm

Tim, that's a very gracious offer. I'll let you know if I can make it!

PonyGal

Hey Tim,
I volunteer to drive one of your beauties to the show. Just let me know if you need a driver :cheesy:

I can leave my '68 at your place and pilot one of yours if needed.

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Hey Tim,
I volunteer to drive one of your beauties to the show. Just let me know if you need a driver :cheesy:

I can leave my '68 at your place and pilot one of yours if needed.

...'Nothin' doin'! We'll bring yours too Renee! You can take a CS & I'll take yours if you want to. Your '68 is too immaculate to leave home. I would also like it handy to show the difference b/w standard and CS cars as well...

Attachments

• reneesht-e.jpg
    reneesht-e.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 29

PonyGal

...'Nothin' doin'! We'll bring yours too Renee! You can take a CS & I'll take yours if you want to. Your '68 is too immaculate to leave home. I would also like it handy to show the difference b/w standard and CS cars as well...

Okay, I'll bring mine up too. Email me a copy of the entry form and save me a spot next to yours! Really looking forward to it :smile:

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Update...

...Our Special Mustang display area is now full, but you can still enter the show and be displayed with the other cool rides!

You can also meet w/ us here, parade in together, then go for a scenic drive and return for social BBQ after the show :)

For PR; we'll have a banner, unique 40th commemorative T-shirts as well as colorful "free" handouts that explain the history and data on GT/CS and HCS cars...

PM me if you wish to attend and for directions & logistics, then tune in here for a complete report and photos!
:)

Attachments

• 0067.JPG
    0067.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 0072.jpg
    0072.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 30
  • 0117.JPG
    0117.JPG
    242.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 0104.JPG