• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Any Aussies received the new GT/CS guide yet

vman

Just wondering if anyone from Australia has received there GT/CS guide. Usually after I complain about something it will turn up the next day. Have ordered other stuff from the States and it usually doesn't take this long.

dalorzo_f

Nope, and I had a friend in California order it for me as I'm in the US now. Weeks ago. Pretty slack response time... hoping it shows up before I fly back.

dalorzo_f

Check was cashed April 22 (sent 19th) so promptly banked. Books have still not made it from Danville to San Jose in the month since he cashed the check... (a whole 50 miles or so...)

Lame.... anyone know an email to contact him, as his site conveniently has only snail mail.

franklinair

I've read a lot of comments of non/slow delivery of the books. One fellow ordered his from Branda and had it in a few dats. (That's what I did too)

Neil

dalorzo_f

Get your book yet?

I asked him to send to Florida instead of Cal due to the 5 week delay after cashing my check), after another week and a few more emails he finally sent them... and then whinged about the $24 shipping cost (I paid $228 for two books, if he sent them to Cal within 4 weeks he would have saved the $8 extra) had the nerve to say "never buy anything from me again". A real piece of work...

Should a bought from Branda, would have been cheaper and faster!

sportyworty

Great book with serious attention to detail
Not feeding the true enthusiasts first was a fatal mistake
Obviously does not know how to execute a mass mailing
Blood rushing to his head from all of the bows
Do not think he personally cares much about the 68 GT/CS other than from a monetary stand point.
Running this Forum promoting the coffee table book while finishing his book would have really rounded out the program long term.
This Forum is where new owners will come. Too bad Paul did not stick around and make it work

dalorzo_f

It is a good book. A bit of bloviating about some aspects, and some fluff, a few errors stand out (like implying dual exhaust on all CS's).... but worth adding to the library, if a bit pricey.

CougarCJ

It is a good book. A bit of bloviating about some aspects, and some fluff, a few errors stand out (like implying dual exhaust on all CS's).... but worth adding to the library, if a bit pricey.

LOL! Nailed it!
ntr.v. blo·vi·at·ed, blo·vi·at·ing, blo·vi·ates Slang. To discourse at length in a pompous or boastful manner: