• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Anyone Deal With C.j. Poney Parts On Ebay?

68MustangHCS

I've just had a bad experience with C.J. Poney Parts, Inc. Now in the past they have been very reasonable and haven't had any issues with combined auctions. They may have someone new handling auctions and I find this person to be unreasonable and unfair.

I always ask prior to bidding on multiple items if I can combine auction items to save on shipping. They answered my question back as yes depending if the items could be combined in the same box. Since I was bidding on small trim items, I knew they could combine the shipment of the items I was bidding on. I then bid and won (3) more things for a total of (4) items. All of the stuff was small trim items. Now if I was to pay for the shipping individually as seperate orders it would have cost $28 shipping. Average shipping on each individual item was listed at $7 each. I didn't want to buy individually and knew I could do better if I just ordered from their catalog, but the person I was dealing with said they would combine shipping.

Well, here is what happened...After the close of the auctions they posted the combined shipping at $18. The items total weight was less than 5 pounds shipped in a 12 x 6.5 x 24 box by Fedex ground. The Fedex Man told me it cost less than $6 for the shipment. I checked the Fedex website an it was less than $6.

Does anyone know anyone from C.J. Poney Parts that I can call and try to get the overcharge resolved? Or should I just eat this and let it go? After dealing with C.J. on eBay I would give them a thumbs down.

If I was to recommend anyone, I would recommend Northcoast Mustang. They have been very fair to me.

Last edited:

68gt390

I'd call them and ask to speak to the manager and explain your delima. I know I've delt with them in the past on several matters where they sent me the wrong part and even after talking to them they still swore the parts would fit. They did allow me to return the pieces but, the only refund I got was the cost of the part not the shipping cost plus I had to pay for shipping back to them. I won't deal with them anymore.

Don

hookedtrout

Just a comment, any time I have bought multiple items and had the seller combine shipping the shipping ends up somewhere in the middle. For example if individually all items cost $20 to ship and to ship a single item was $5 combined shipping for multiple would be 10 or 12 dollars. It never ends up that you get all the items shipped for the cost of the single item even though all of them may have fit in the single item package. Right or Wrong I don't really have a comment either way, I just wanted to point out that your situation mirrors most of what I have seen and the comment for the extra cost over a single item is usually for the handling of the multiple items.

My suggestion would be to establish a total cost for shipping well in advance of the purchase, even if it is hypothetical meaning you assume you will purchase 4 items all fitting in one box and ask how much in advance, if you don't like the cost go elsewhere.

I'd eat this one and learn from it and I wouldn't consider them a thumbs down from your experience, I've never purchased anything from them and may never do so but this certainly wouldn't alarm me.

Cory

OP
OP
68MustangHCS

68MustangHCS

Well, I guess C.J. Poney has a heart. I made out alright. C.J.Poney just refunded me $10 in shipping. I guess my persistance in reminding them that they said they would combine shipping paid off. I am satisfied, but I don't think this should have happended this way. I'll take Cory's advice, and next time try to lock in a shipping price before bidding on multiple items.

HCS@CT

I don't think I will ever buy from C.J.Pony again. The last two times I've ordered I've been lied to. I ordered a weather striping kit and asked if all the parts were in stock. Yea, yea their all in stock. Over the corse of the next month and a half I'd get a little here and a little there. I did get it all, but the next order was for rubber floor mats. Same thing "Sure their in stock" 2,3,4 weeks go buy so I call. Their on back order. Ok when? I don't know... Oh the hell with it cancel the order. Three days later they show up at my door, From NPD. I think I'll stick with NPD their big and they will price match.

CS68

I did deal with on ebay and the experience wasn't bad, but then I decided to deal with directly an to tell you the true the person that i deal with was really not willing to help me and then they said that the parts in backorder would be deliver in two weeks and it was a month later never got the parts and I since they ship parts from different location I was charge for shipping more.