• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

ADMIN Anyone know any mySQL database experts? Need help with the Registry

admin

Staff member
Administrator
There are some improvements I'd like to make to the online Registry, but they're beyond my limited database skills. Does anyone have a friend or co-worker that is good with MySQL databases? MySQL is the typical database system used for web software like forums, photo galleries, etc.

Thanks!

OP
OP
admin

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I'd like to add a couple of fields and do some general cleanup. Examples of typical edits I'm trying to accomplish:

• Customize error message when a required field is missing to tell the person exactly which field(s) is missing. Currently it just tells you that something is missing and you have to go back and hunt to find out which field it is.
  • If VIN already exists give message saying so and telling them to contact me for any changes.
  • Add a couple of new fields
  • Add ability to upload a PDF or JPG file (Marti reports)
  • On the Master List page make the column headers clickable to sort by those fields
I have a few more wish-list items, but those are pretty typical of the stuff I'm trying to do.

mustang.biz

I've been a software developer for many years and have used MySQL since about 1995.

I'd be happy to help, send me an email and we can discuss it.