• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

autheticity

I just read all of this, and I want to make it clear that I never guarantee that any car in the GT/CS Registry is an authentic car. This is clearly stated in my books.

I started the registry long before Marti Autoworks got the data from Ford, and was offering reports on specific cars. There is no intended misperception on my part, since I only go with what I get from owners. I HAVE looked closely on the cars submitted to me, as to whether they meet the criteria I know about, like San Jose, a VIN range, details, etc., but that is not an exact science.

The SAAC Registries and Saleen Registry have had the factory data available to them, and it's been SAAC's quest to find all this paperwork, and they have done a fantastic job.

The GT/CS Registry is not as formal as some of you might like--and you do have the opportunity to check with Kevin on any specific GT/CS as to it's 100% authenticity. Like most other Mustang Registries, they weren't meant to have that data--just to form a "club" of sorts, based on the honesty of owners.

I don't have the resources, nor do I think it's possible for Kevin to release info like that in that way; but if one of you wish to see what we can do, I'm all for it.

Just understand that I collected information for and from GT/CS owners and enthusiasts, and it was in that context. I base my acceptance on what people tell me, but I certainly would send anyone in question about a car to Kevin Marti for a report.

Paul.