• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Big suprise

Ruppstang

I have a project car that I have been thinking of selling. I found it before we bought the HCS but it was not for sale then. It was a C-code rust free coupe that was going to be a Shelby clone that had no moter or transmission. We bought the HCS and I for got about it. One day the guy called me saying that he had to move and wanted to sell the car. I thought it would be a fun project some day. A couple of weeks a go I started thinking of selling it and ordered a Marti report on it. Big suprise it is a GT-CS! Now I am not sure what to do with it. Marty

Attachments

• 1968 GT-CS project 001.JPG
    1968 GT-CS project 001.JPG
    143.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 1968 GT-CS project 002.JPG
    1968 GT-CS project 002.JPG
    146.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 1968 GT-CS project 003.JPG
    1968 GT-CS project 003.JPG
    147.8 KB · Views: 61
  • 1968 GT-CS project 007.JPG
    1968 GT-CS project 007.JPG
    148.5 KB · Views: 64
  • 1968 GT-CS project 008.JPG
    1968 GT-CS project 008.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 51
  • 1968 GT-CS project 010.JPG
    1968 GT-CS project 010.JPG
    147.6 KB · Views: 55

68 special

Is this the one you thought was a coupe that someone had started to do a Shelby clone on? Wow, what a surprise to find out it is a real GT/CS instead of a clone. And you were going to sell it to one of our other members who just bought a GT/CS to do a Green Hornet. Wish I could run across that kind of deal where you think it is a plain jane coupe with after market parts, only to find out it's the real deal. Well now, I bet the price just went a few K's.
Congrats Marty

Bret

Midnight Special

'Wonderful surprise Marty! 'Not sure what I would do either, but making another beautiful "driver" for the world to see comes to mind. Best of luck with what ever you decide to do :)

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

All right guys I won't keep you in suspense any longer here is the Marti Report. It was a nicely equipped car. I am sill not sure what to do with it. I was going to do the 67 sport sprint convertible next. Will have to see. Marty

Attachments

• 68 GT-CS  Marti Report 001.jpg
    68 GT-CS Marti Report 001.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 89

CougarCJ

Nicely optioned Marti.

Power steering, disc brakes, air conditioning, console, and headrests.

ponyboy

Hey Marti, If your serious about selling it i would be very interested in it. I have a 66 coupe for my 12 year old son but would love to do a father son project with another gtcs. Please let me know what you decide.. Thanks Richie ( #11 gtcs in the calendar pics)

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Hi Richie,
Thanks for your intrest but I do not have it any more. I wish I had two or three more. The only thing that I have to sell now is a 67 6cil convertible that need a complete restoration. By the way it looks like you did a real nice job on #11. Marty