• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Black GT/CS

Midnight Special

...Beautiful car and attention to detail is bar-none, but (in all that dialog), how do you go "between MCA Concours Gold and Thoroughbred" with those tires, export brace, headers, 4v carb on a C-code, etc...?

'Love all the photos, but the overkill on description as well as paint daubs & chalk marks do not make this a nearly $55K car IMO...

CougarCJ

Very nice eBay listing. Lots of clear and detailed photos. Bravo!

AADaddy

Awesome car! I was wondering about the value myself on the car. Seems a bit high. It's pretty amazing the level of detail he went too. But as Mignight Special points out there are a few things that aren't original. I have a good buddy who has a 68 GT 390 Convertible that went this route with his car. It is Concours level like none I have ever seen. Very amazing. Personally I really don't care for this level or restoration. I don't really see the point of going through all of that work only to be scared to drive it! Maybe if it were a low mileage Shelby or ultra rare GT/CS model I could understand it.

bates40

Way overpriced IMHO - like anything else, one can never attempt to develop the market value of a value based mainly upon the amount of money they have put into it.

sam

She is a beauty. I think she'd pop with whitewalls or at least white letters. .....just my opinion.
Sam

speedy02

Is this not the same car that was for sale on ebay in TX about 6 months ago?

classicsguy

The seller states that he has owned over 13 GT/CS through the years and wonder if he has been a member of this site...with 13 cars he should have been IMHO.

390gtmustang

Poor Car being bounce around from dealer to dealer. This Car been in Ebay like 3 times within a year. We need to find this car a good
home.

gt/csj4

If he has owned that many, it would make sense that he is a member here and must have got ahold of the for sale thread and several of us picking the car apart months ago(myself included, for the better) cause almost all the wrong things I myself pointed out are now (still has the wrong driver, wing window latch....sorry couldnt resist!) fixed :) I am confused how it could be in between a gold concours car and thoroughbred tho? yes the paint dabs and such look great (cant confirm if all are correct, but I see a lot that I know are) but thing's like the headers, and the air cleaner and export brace,tires are curious to me. Maybe his plan was to take them off for judging and/or have a spare set of wheels with correct tires?

When was this car listed anyway, wasn't it like 4 or 5 months ago? Guy sure was busy! Had time to fix all those wrong things?! Man alive that's conviction, wish I could get off my ass and work on the Cal like that haha.

Side note; and I am not picking on it but is that radiator right? something seems off on it. Like the giant circle that looks like it was filled and soldered. I dont remember small block 68 rad's looking like that. Anyone?

Last edited: