• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Blue Steering Wheel

BigJim

Anyone know where I can get a blue steering wheel in the original blue color? I found a repo but when it arrived the color wasn't even close. The original wheel has a couple of cracks including an eighth of an inch gap in it at the ten oclock position.

whodat

You think that's tough? Try finding one that is Parchment.

carezcs

I would try sending your old wheel to Koch's and have it restored. They did a VW steering wheel for me and it was perfect. They do all makes and will color match so it's right. http://www.kochs.com/
Bruce

Bodhi

I have a blue wheel on ebay

It has a few separations but has the horn ring and center pad And all install parts. I will look up the item number and post it.

Ruppstang

I know someone that has a new reproduction that they want to sell. PM me if you are interested. Marty

OP
OP
BigJim

BigJim

I know someone that has a new reproduction that they want to sell. PM me if you are interested. Marty

Sounds tempting, but the last repro wheel I bought wasn't even close to the original color so I think I will opt to have the original wheel restored. Thanks!

GT/CS S Code

Do you have the rest of the parts you need? I have a few bits and pieces in my storage and from memory there is probably a centre pad from a blue steering wheel if you need one ...

OP
OP
BigJim

BigJim

I have the center pad and the buttons that go on it. Just need the darn wheel itself. We'll probably have the original one repaired.

x-codegtcs

Jim - I think you are wise to go with a restored wheel. I have had two restored and they turn out really nice. They have stayed in good condition too. I don't think you will regret it.

I also sent you a PM.