• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Bogus GT/CS Grill and Foglights

Midnight Special

Attachments

• 61c0_1.JPG
    61c0_1.JPG
    32.1 KB · Views: 33

John McGilvary

Give Me A Break!!!

Seller says, " I don't have the horse that goes on the grill ".

It used to be, Shelby this and Shelby that, now its CS this and CS that.
I hope too many e-bay buyers don't get ripped off.

John

Perkchiro

The more important question is does that tire and custom wheel come with it? :rolleyes:

Hey Rich! What's wrong with you? Can't you see that's an original CS wheel and tire combo? I'm sure that will be listed separately in another auction:wink: .

robert campbell

I would love a picture of the back side of the grill. The brackets to mount the Marshals seem to be in the grill. Many of the original grills were lost in front end collisions. The brackets were transfered to none GT/CS grills. I even saw an article to do this.

Certainly the horse comment is incorrect. The fogs are not correct. But unless I am missing something, this might have the orginal brackets which are the most valuable part of this grill.

thoughts?

Rob

Mosesatm

I would love a picture of the back side of the grill. The brackets to mount the Marshals seem to be in the grill. Many of the original grills were lost in front end collisions. The brackets were transfered to none GT/CS grills. I even saw an article to do this.

Certainly the horse comment is incorrect. The fogs are not correct. But unless I am missing something, this might have the orginal brackets which are the most valuable part of this grill.

thoughts?

Rob

Delta Bay Mustang...$75

robert campbell

Ah, but they are repops…. These could be the real deal.

Certainly do not disagree on the point about the 68 vice 67 grill. Certainly there is a lot of stuff out there for sale that is misrepresented. The tone that this thread took kinda bothered me. I wonder the wisdom of correcting people on e-bay or any other auction site. I doubt that it will help unless the person is extremely honest.

With a better picture, those could very well be the “real deal” in an incorrect grill. Very valuable to someone who has lost theirs and want to feel like they have vintage 68 metal!!!

Rob

Mosesatm

What would a better picture tell you? Are there numbers, or some other identifying marks, on the back of original brackets?

robert campbell

So I went to my handy dandy Paul Newitt original guide and it states that they were made by A.O. Smith and Shelby American. His book also states that they are 30% wider that a 68 grill with GT lights.

So all and all this grill may be a 68 GT grill with its standard brackets. The fog supports look thinner now that I look at the pic more.

So a total misrepresentation like Rhonda said orginally. I think I am wrong on this one.

Rob

Mosesatm

Now that you mention it those brackets do look wrong. They seem to have rectangular holes at the top of them. Notice how the orange background shows through the top of the bracket on the left.

robert campbell

Right on! My bad! Another example of how hard it is to identify parts from a pic. At the same time they are definitely thinner and I should have seen that.