• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Camaro dead or alive?

BrandonB

Ok everyone hear how GM killed the camaro and will no longer build them? Some kid in an art school did a computer rendering of a retro 5th gen camaro and my god it looks beautiful. Even though its a chevy I like it.
Its in the latest popular hot rodding magazine. If you want I could scan in a pic. Anyone else have anything on it?

darb

After a short break the Camaro is due to return in fall of 2003 for the 2004 model year. The new look won't just be skin deep, in fact it will be a whole new platform, the first since 1982. It will still use a V6 and optional V8 motors and weigh in around 3,400lbs. Platform changes will be a full 4-wheel independent suspension. The exterior is said to be designed with 1st generation ('67-'69)

Chevy really has not done much advertising for it yet, word has it they may be delaying the 2003 model, and just releasing one in the late of 2004 for the 2005 year. Hopefully they will go ahead with fall of 2003.

Hope this helps!