• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Can you check your seat belt installation for me.

gtcs1

Hi,

I would appreciate if someone with its 68 Mustang with original seat belts would check something for me.

When I fasten the belts (2 per side, including the shoulder harness), I have to twist them to buckle up. Looks like they're installed inversed. My car is all original, so I wonder why someone may have done that.

Check the attached photo showing the date tag visible. This picture is from another original car, showing the passenger seat. The driver side also has the tags visible looking inside.

My car has the date tag not visible, they are on the reverse side. Looks better, but cause the twisting in order to buckle. If it was like on the photo, I think that it would avoid the twisting.

Thanks

Attachments

• 57.jpg
    57.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

@Holmes

Ok my car has been sitting for almost 20 yrs now so brace yourself. Even with all of its faults - its untouched. The labels should be facing toward its door and untwisted. Looks like a CSI crime close up.

Attachments

• SeatBelt1.jpg
    SeatBelt1.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 24
  • SeatBelt2.jpg
    SeatBelt2.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Mosesatm

Section 620, page 3 of the Ford Parts Manual seems to show the belts twisted so tags out would be correct.

Will someone else with a copy of the parts manual please confirm that?

@Holmes

Carpet is orig - with mosture retaining mat and all. The bolts are rusted and after looking at the underside these bolts have never been removed. Just the facts as they pertain to my GT/CS. As for all the other 68's I have owned, only one had a belt that was inverted so that it was twisted. I changed that Quick Fast and in a Hurry!