• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Casey - isn't this your car?

case12

Thanks Rich. Absolutely that is my CS. I showed it at the Shelby show in Volo again last year. I got lucky and was the first one in the line where people enter. Sorta cool to see someone taking that much interest in your car to take that many photos. As you can see, I was really "selling" the CS knowledge to the crowd, many of whom had never seen one. Thanks for finding the site! Casey

P.S. I have since removed the "Front" sticker on the air cleaner. This site taught me I had that one wrong - many thanks

miller511

Casey,

Looks like in one of the shots of your car there are a couple of CS's across the street in the background?

-Jeff

gtcs1

Thanks Rich. Absolutely that is my CS. I showed it at the Shelby show in Volo again last year. I got lucky and was the first one in the line where people enter. Sorta cool to see someone taking that much interest in your car to take that many photos. As you can see, I was really "selling" the CS knowledge to the crowd, many of whom had never seen one. Thanks for finding the site! Casey

P.S. I have since removed the "Front" sticker on the air cleaner. This site taught me I had that one wrong - many thanks

Hi Casey,

Nice featuring for your car. To be proud of.

Looking at the engine bay pictures raised a question to me I thought I had answered within a previous thread.

I want to ask about the fan shroud, which my car doesn't have, I thought I had it missing. Some people answered that on a 289, it came only on Manual transmission and/or when you have A/C. Regular auto C4 should not have it. Can you help me with more details on this since yours has it. My car came all-original, this is why I'd like to clarify this for my car.

Thanks

case12

Hi Casey,

Nice featuring for your car. To be proud of.

Looking at the engine bay pictures raised a question to me I thought I had answered within a previous thread.

I want to ask about the fan shroud, which my car doesn't have, I thought I had it missing. Some people answered that on a 289, it came only on Manual transmission and/or when you have A/C. Regular auto C4 should not have it. Can you help me with more details on this since yours has it. My car came all-original, this is why I'd like to clarify this for my car.

Thanks

Thank you.

First, my car is not concourse. It is street driven, so it would not meet many MCA rules. MCA rules state that any big block or air conditioner car would have the shroud. As noted in other threads of the site, the "caution fan" sticker did not come from the factory, but was required by dealers to add when the car was brought in for service. My car has a shroud added as it helps the cooling. Casey

LUVMYCS

Great looking car Casey! Was the 2-tone interior stock in 1968 for the CSs?
I don't think I've ever seen that before. Is it the deluxe interior?

case12

Thank you for the compliments. The pictures may be misleading - The upholstery, etc is all the same color - Parchment. I love that color. Also, the interior is standard not deluxe. If you mean the black dash and carpet, I think this is a valid combination. I will check my manuals and get back to you on that. Thanks, Casey

case12

OK - in all my literature I found both - dash and carpet that matched, and those that did not match. In 1968 literature I found parchment interior with black dash, but I cannot see if it is a deluxe interior. So, I will keep looking. Casey

CalGal68

Casey, if it helps, my father had a sunlit gold GT/CS, ivy gold interior - purchased new. And it had black carpet with gold dash. I love your car!

case12

Just for kicks - do you have any old pictures of his car? Would be cool to see some pictures of when it was new, etc. (Even the typical "in the driveway background" kind of picture would be neat). Thanks, Casey

CalGal68

I've asked my sister to go through old photo albums for me. I only remember one when it was brand new. I wish I had the VIN as I'd like to find it (mother sold it 20 yrs ago after my father died). If I do find a photo, I'll be sure to share.

Debra

case12

She may have kept the bill of sale, registration or trade-in paper work (for finding the VIN). I know my dad kept everything (every pay stub he ever got in 40 years), so you never know what may be in a box somewhere. :smile: Casey

hotrodgrany

Casey, if it helps, my father had a sunlit gold GT/CS, ivy gold interior - purchased new. And it had black carpet with gold dash. I love your car!
Not to get off the subject here, but I believe I have seen your car in the August '90' issue of Mustang Monthly, as well the Feb. 06 issue of Mustang Times and like the spreads. Anyone seen these?