• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

computer help needed

66hcs-conv

Hi all,

When using my desk top computer, I have a hard time accessing this web site. Most of the time I get a screen saying "This page cannot be displayed".

BUT, when I use our ipad I can get I just fine. BUT, when using the desk top, I can access any other web site just fine. It's only using my desk top for this web site do I have a problem.

Anybody got any ideas how I can fix my computer?

Thanks, Dave

Last edited:

Don

Since you are saying "most of the time" I am assuming that sometimes you can access from your desktop. First try clearing your cache (Cntrl F5).

If cache clearing does not work try changing your TCP/IPv4 settings in your internet properties. Click on your internet icon and get into the Network properties. Do a web search and look for alternate DNS server addresses that your provider uses and try using one of the alternates

stangfan

Sometimes, as in yesterday, the website is 'not available'. I don't know if it is server problems, or it gets taken down for updating or something. If you are referring to not being able to get on in those cases, it's not your computer.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
66hcs-conv

66hcs-conv

score one for the old guy!

I think I got it fixed. Looked at several web sources on how the change the
DNS server, ended up using a google number, and everything seems to be working good.

Thanks for your help, Dave

somethingspecial

I have the same problem. Many times I cannot log on and get an error message. I received an email from another user yesterday complaining of the same thing. I don't think it is your computer. I'm no computer expert, but I think the site server has trouble recognizing certain search engines from time to time. Or, I could be wrong and shouldn't even be commenting on this thread. LOL.