• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

concorse knowledge needed, anyone?

mmarsalone

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=2027;start=15#msg13668 date=1124503951]
Rhonda, I would certainly agree with you since I grew up with a horrible stuttering problem but I'm pretty sure Herck is just being lazy. He is using e-language, which is ok for people sending text messages to each other via a BlackBerry or cell phone, or a chat room filled with 14 year olds, but I, for one, find it annoying and inapropriate for this venue.
[/quote]

Arlie and Rhonda,

That was the point I was trying to make in the other post about Convertible CSs, when I informed him where the punctuation keys were. I wasn't trying to insult Herck, but merely suggested in probably a bad way that he ought to punctuate his sentences correctly. I agree with Arlie, it's just a matter of proper etiquette on a forum such as this one. Those posts are too darn hard to read.

Mike

hookedtrout

[quote author=CalPaul link=board=1;threadid=2027;start=15#msg13676 date=1124506457]
I see both viewpoints (especially Mosesatm). No harm intended- I just get dizzy reading some posts. Back to my maragarita!
[/quote]

Hey, you need to share those Margaritas. ;)

Hook

nfrntau

Sign me up for a Margarita too.
I have opposing feelings on this post.
If one is indeed being lazy and not bothering to punctuate or write complete sentences to the dismay of the educated individuals who frequent this site then yes, I too find it annoying and at times difficult to read.
On the other hand, if a person does not have the written skills necessary to make themselves understood clearly, then I commend those individuals for making the effort to expand their knowledge and share their experiences with us on this site.
Command of our written language should not be considered a prerequisite to frequent this site. It should however be considered polite and helpful to the readers you are addressing to clearly post your posts if you have the capability.

hookedtrout

Couldn't have been said more eloquent nfrntau. I commend you!

Reminds me of when I'm shopping ebay and the seller has sold 2000+ items and has a feedback of 98.6 or something and you go in to read the few negatives that they have so as to make a decision on whether to take the calculated risk. And the feedback from the buyer is identifying their concern and the seller comes back with a reply reading like this one from mystic-vision an art seller on Ebay.

"first time buyer was assuming would be s/n, my fault. framing excellant. Buyer dillie2005 "

"Reply by mystic-visions: Do you not understand simple english? READ my item description it is VERY CLEAR "

Why would somone trying to sell on Ebay make a reply like this when it could be said in a manner to make the same point only make them sound like a sincere person instead of an ass?

Hook

Herck

was that for me i write here for fun not to write a novel i never intended for any one to care how i write thats a preety petty thing i think i dont have time to insult people its a sighn of limited intellagence

68gt390

I don't know about anyone else but, if you take the time to look around pretty soon we could all be posting in spanish or even samali. On those two choices I will pass. I say to each his own and let them go about their business. In reality from what I've seen of our school systems lately they don't realy impress me to much. I can't speak for other areas of our great country but, here in Ohio, there are a lot of schools that are falling way short of what should be their intended goal - educating our young. OK, I'll get off my soap box now.

Don ::)

Perkchiro

Herck no needtoapologize i forone enjoy reading your postsI've neverread such grammatical syntax ofthis typebefore it's like deciphering apuzzle keep up the goodwork! ;D

Steve

meadowsdk28

WOW!! Guys, this is getting crazy. The only thing I can focus on is Hook used the word eloquent!! I'm honestly impressed with the guy from Idaho!! :) Kidding Hook, you know I love you, man!! ;D

Ponder this though, people. If I ever needed advice on something and Herck had it to give, I'd welcome it as much as anyone elses. My dad has forgotten more than most on us will ever know on the subject of Ford cars, parts and techniques. He's also the best carb guy this region ever saw. That's not bragging, that's a fact. They used to test Ford and Lincoln Mercury Mechanics back in the day and he scored the highest of any mechanic east of the Mississippi. They gave him a new Cyclone with a 429SCJ for his efforts. Competition yellow, 4 speed, loaded. Sweet!! We took it to Florida that year. Anyway... He's 67 years old now and never switched on a computer. Granted, he's used scanners and things like that up until his retirement a couple years ago. Sitting down at the keyboard and waxing poetic, however, is a whole different ballgame, as you know. I would guess that if I ever got him motivated to join in on a website like this (which will never happen, trust me, not that man)his typing would be much like that of Hercks and many others I've seen. In his case it would not be lazy, it would be a guy trying to re-capture some of his youth through these pages and maybe giving a helpful piece of advice from time to time. In and amongst the run on sentences and mispellings, I'm sure there would be some real gems of knowledge for everyone of us.
As far as I know he never took typing and if he did it was back in like 1954 or something on a manual Royal. He was too busy tuning his 50 Ford to throttle the hell out of Hudsons, Chevrolets with that new fangled, oil guzzling engine they called a small block and roadsters with Fire-Dome Hemis in them.
On the other hand Herck, if you're just being lazy, stop it. You're driving us nuts, OK?

And yeah Don, you're right. What the hell are we teaching our kids today? I'm very fortunate that I've always rode my kids hard on their studies and it is beginning to pay off for them at college (I'm with you too, Bob!). I see so many kids that can text message there own language, speak in code over pagers using the numbers on the phone keypad, know every term in both the internet dictionary.com and the urban dictionary.com but can barely spell their names and addresses. They score about an 8 on the military entrance exam and then claim it's biased because there is too much reading involved. :eek: :mad: :'(

OK, NOW I'm done!!