• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Dad's GT-CS

Ruppstang

Every since I started restoring our HCS my dad has wanted one. In Feb. of 2011 I spoted this presidental blue GT-CS here on the classifieds. We traveled to Greenbay WI. and found it to be a very rust free AZ. car that had never seen a mile of nothern winter roads. It had some damage but all in all was a good buy so we brought it home.
We striped it to a shell and sent it to a body shop. Last week after 16 months of waiting his car was done. This will be a fun winter for him. The only waiting he will have to do now is for the UPS parts truck to arrive.
Dad is 79 and still has a passion for restoring cars. It is great to still have him and share a great hobby.
Marty

Attachments

• Dad's 68 GT-CS 004.JPG
    Dad's 68 GT-CS 004.JPG
    145.9 KB · Views: 85
  • Dad's GT-CS restoration 001_crop.jpg
    Dad's GT-CS restoration 001_crop.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 81
  • Dad's GT-CS restoration 003_crop.jpg
    Dad's GT-CS restoration 003_crop.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 86
  • Dad's GT-CS restoration 004_crop.jpg
    Dad's GT-CS restoration 004_crop.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 93

sam

You are blessed indeed. What a great tribute to you and your dad. Best of luck, and looking forward to seeing the final result.
Sam

robert campbell

Marty,
What great times for you! My Dad has risen to the golden streets of our Lords playground. He was my inspiration when I was growing up. Unfortunately he never had the cash to follow his hot rodding hobby. He did get to enjoy some of that through me. My Mom took my 1968 Shelby KR grocery shopping a few times. But that was back in the 70’s.

Great looking project! Are you going to reinstall those fine leaf spring shackles it came with? Those are so purdy and all!! What a fun winter project. Enjoy!!

Tim,
Did you get another car??

Rob

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Tim what a bad picture that is! All I can say I must have been licking my lips for all of your cars. If we were closer my car would be in your driveway often.

Thanks everyone for you kind words. I do know how fortunate I am. I have built several cars with my dad and one with each of our sons. My oldest son just got engaged and it sounds like they will drive away from the church in his 68 coupe followed by several of our Mustangs. Marty

robert campbell

Marty,
Weddings and Mustangs!! How great that will be! A huge regret in my life is Val and I owned her 1967 Fastback when we got married. We were to afraid in 1978that someone would put shaving creme on it. Wish we would have drove it away!!

Rob

OP
OP
R

Ruppstang

Marty,
Weddings and Mustangs!! How great that will be! A huge regret in my life is Val and I owned her 1967 Fastback when we got married. We were to afraid in 1978that someone would put shaving creme on it. Wish we would have drove it away!!

Rob

I know we are so excited. We can't wait till spring!
A few years back I restored a 68 fastback for a original owner who was married in the car and wanted it restored so his son could be married in it also. I got it done in time and we were invited to the wedding. When we arrived we found the fastback parked at the steps of the church and Jack ( the owner) greeting everyone and show them the car. The only people we knew were the grooms immediate family and bride so Jack started introducing me as the guy that had restored the car. The wedding went well and rice was flying as the bride and groom were heading for the get a way car. Suddenly fear grip me as I thought what if it does not start. Every one here only knows me as the guy that restored the car that will not start!
Well thank God it started and Nate (the groom) put down 30 feet of rubber to the delight of Jack. The priest was not impressed and was so angry that he would not come to the reception. Boy was that fun.

Attachments

• DSC02225-1.JPG
    DSC02225-1.JPG
    32.4 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC02228-1.JPG
    DSC02228-1.JPG
    45.8 KB · Views: 34