• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Dealer # on Marti Report--Translation?

Redwingrobb

Just reviewing the Marti Report on the car I'm looking to buy and saw "Dealer #" as 72F421. I take it that the number is the dealership name coded? How do I decode/where do I find the info at? Robb

BroadwayBlue

Hi Robb,

The dealer code is only listed as that number on the basic Marti Report.
If you get the Deluxe version which is the next highest price one, it will have the original dealer name and address. Maybe if you're lucky someone has the same dealer number.

I ended up waiting until I bought the car and got the deluxe report. Marti gives you a discount off the price as you upgrade to the Deluxe and Elite - so make sure you let them know you ordered previously.

Rich

OP
OP
Redwingrobb

Redwingrobb

Thanks. I was going to get the deluxe report but, as you said, wait until the car is safely in my garage before I spend the money...I'm already gaming the system by buying a license plate frame. I was just curious where the car was sold...Robb

Russ

One note of interest, if the dealer has changed names, the most current dealer name will appear on the Marti Report. My 1968 GT was sold by Dee Motors of Barstow, CA (dealer 71G416) in 1968, but the Marti Report listed the dealer as Soutar's Ford. Soutar's Ford is in business today in Barstow, and took over the dealer ID from Dee Motors. Things DO change over a 35 year period!! If you have your original owner's manual, it lists the dealer and also the dealer ID. Just more trivia!!!

Russ

ponyboy

hey guys, i had some questions about the marti reports. my brother got me the deluxe report and we noticed it wasn't signed by marti... anyone else have one thats not signed? also my car is#149541 and the report says its the 49,541st ford vehicle scheduled for production at the plant, should this have been 149,541 scheduled? thanks rich

BroadwayBlue

Russ said:
One note of interest, if the dealer has changed names, the most current dealer name will appear on the Marti Report. My 1968 GT was sold by Dee Motors of Barstow, CA (dealer 71G416) in 1968, but the Marti Report listed the dealer as Soutar's Ford. Soutar's Ford is in business today in Barstow, and took over the dealer ID from Dee Motors. Things DO change over a 35 year period!! If you have your original owner's manual, it lists the dealer and also the dealer ID. Just more trivia!!!

Russ

Good info!! Never knew that. My dealer doesn't seem to be in business any more. It seems that a tranny shop or other car repair facility is at that address now. Trying to get some info from the local chamber of commerce to see if they have any info. Don't know if I'll be successful but it's worth a shot.