• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 don't MESS with Renee!....

Midnight Special

...Robert Campbell, Neil, Steve and Cory would be proud!
;-)

Attachments

• 100_0587.jpg
    100_0587.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 128
  • IM002709.jpg
    IM002709.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 132
  • IM002705.jpg
    IM002705.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 118
  • IM002702.jpg
    IM002702.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 127
  • IM002704.jpg
    IM002704.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 120
  • IM002692.jpg
    IM002692.jpg
    155.4 KB · Views: 117
  • IM002691.jpg
    IM002691.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IM002687.jpg
    IM002687.jpg
    156.6 KB · Views: 114

robert campbell

HOW FREAKING COOL IS THAT!!!

NOTHIN IN THE WORLD IS COOLER THAN A HOT ROD HOTTIE!!

RENEE', YOU GO GIRL!! Now let's light that puppy off!

Rob

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

Indeed Rob. We were going to install it last weekend but had a cracked motor mount... Renee went shopping during the week and found a perfect one in Sacramento! I can't adequately describe how much fun we had today! 'Wish you guys were here all over again :) We joked as though you were!

Everything underneath is done. Tomorrow, she will return & we'll do all the bolt-ons and hopefully start it up!

Stay tuned :)

PonyGal

Robert,

We had a GREAT time today dropping that 390 engine in!! Indeed, we wish you were here to help!!!

Tim,

Thanks for letting a "girl" have so much fun getting greasy!! I had a blast!!! Can't wait to come back tomorrow to hopefully finish up the top of the engine :wink:

Ruppstang

Renee I may need some help in a few months putting the motor back in the HCS. I see that you have been trained by some of the best, I just wondered if you hired out? Have fun today and keep us posted. Marty

rvrtrash

I love it! That's the first time I've seen a mechanic crawl out from under a car with a flower in their hair. Renee, you're the best. :cool:

Steve

robert campbell

I really like the pic of Tim holding the flywheel with Renee' lookin on. "Hmmmmm," "Renee, I think I am forgeting something" "What would that be, Tim?" "Renee, I can't remember"......

"Oh crap!", "Now I remember!" "The tin thingee that encloses the bellhouse in the front"! "Must put on before the flywheel!"

Rob has even torqued the flywheel and installed a clutch and pressure plate before the "light" went on..... A dim light at that!!!

Rob

FirecrackerKTM

Heh. I actually got dumped by a boyfriend in high school when I was working on my 69 coupe. He didn't like me with grease under my nails, or maybe it was the time I fixed his truck for him when he didn't know what was wrong with it. Dumb boys.

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

...Complete and total success!

Attachments

• IM002729.jpg
    IM002729.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 75
  • IM002727.jpg
    IM002727.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IM002721.jpg
    IM002721.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 65
  • IM002719.jpg
    IM002719.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IM002718.jpg
    IM002718.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IM002713.jpg
    IM002713.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 69
  • IM002712.jpg
    IM002712.jpg
    148.3 KB · Views: 67

PFSlim

Ok. So, did I miss something. Renee is that your red car or is it Tim's??

Cool shots. Folks working together to get it fired up.

Paul

hookedtrout

Man do I wish we were all closer to each other. I miss you guys every time I see these type of pictures, it's as if I was just there. Awesome project!!

On a side note, ground work for the shop started today, If you were closer you'd have a shop in short order with which to work from on those not so wonderful days. Once it's up you are always welcome to come use it, load up and come on up. ;-)

PonyGal

SHE’S ALIVE!!!!

Well, after working hard all weekend, we were able to fire up Tim’s 390 yesterday evening!! It was a lot of work, but at the same time it was a lot of fun too. You guys aren’t going to believe this, but I swear it is the God’s truth! And Tim and T.J. can attest to it too!! The exact minute that we turned the key to see if it would start, the AM radio was still on to a local talk show. The very first words that we heard were, and I quote, “It’s good to be back”. Apparently there was some sort of interview being done on the station. The radio was up pretty loud, and as soon as I heard those words I got goose bumps all over. It was like the car was speaking to us. What are the odds of those exact words being spoken at that exact moment in time? I say it was an example of Divine Intervention!

Tim, thanks for posting all those picture, but where are the ones I took of you and T.J. working just as hard!! I took them with your camera, so I know you have them! Please post a few of those out here too (even though we both know that I did most of the work! :wink:)

Marty, I don’t know. I don’t come cheap! After all, I “have been trained by some of the best”!!

Steve, I am NEVER seen without a flower in my hair! Have worn one every day for over six years now and crawling under a car will never change that!

KTM, as far as I’m concerned, there is nothing wrong with getting greasy. We still clean up nicely ;-}

It sure would have been great to have all of you there with us, but actually you were there…In our hearts and minds!

Mustanglvr

Maybe Tim should name her "Christine"? lol. That story gave me chills.

OP
OP
Midnight Special

Midnight Special

...I want to thank Renee and TJ again for making the past weekend a long, but extremely rewarding one! ...and the group here for being on hand to share it with :)

Today, I came home to spruce up the garage, get ready for rain (again) and dial in the 390 a little more before final button-up. After carb and timing adjustment, both idle and light revving is "silk" smooth.... its sweet spot seems to be 10-degrees advance of TDC. Gas is regular octane (mower gas) so far, so we'll set the timing again after filling the tank w/ premium. I would love some suggestions on break-in of this brute and things to check over & when, etc... I don't intend to put a lot of miles on this one, rather preserve it for special occasions.

Renee has been saying for over a year now, "I wanna' be there when you put that engine in!!".... Things could not have worked out better!
And like the greasy mechanic girl who was so key in making this happen - the Red-S also cleaned up very nicely ;-)

Attachments

• IM001737.jpg
    IM001737.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 47
  • IM001735.jpg
    IM001735.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 50
  • IM001734.jpg
    IM001734.jpg
    162.2 KB · Views: 43

robert campbell

Tim, T.J., Renee'!!!!

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Good on you guys!! T.J. I have some shoes if you want to wear them. 10.5 if you can fit...

I wish wish wish I was there!!! Nothing like breathing life into old iron!!

I will give you my thoughts on break in tomorrow!!

WHAT A GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!

Rob