• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Drove 08-GT500 today !!

John McGilvary

Drove a freinds 08-GT500 today, what a rush !!! :grin: :grin:

With over 500hp it was almost like the first time I drove my California Special CJ almost 40 years ago, what a feeling.

I still would not trade the GT500 for my CS, but I think my wife would. My freind ownes 12 restored early Mustangs and Shelby's but no CS's. I think he would like to own a CS/CJ, but I don't know of one for sale.

John

Midnight Special

...My son TJ & I looked at the GT500 convertible and two GT350s on Sunday. We have an appointment to drive the GT500 (now in the showroom) next weekend... It's alot of car indeed, tho I'm still inclined to stay with the classics after looking under the hood ;-) That, plus all of the California Highway Patrol speed traps active in our area ;-O

Z28ZL1

Not to mention the markup prices also. The Supersnake will also be one strong performer at over 600hp.

case12

I have mentioned this before. I have a neighbor that is into exotic cars. Driving in the neighborhood one day in my CS and he passes by in his canary yellow Ford GT. He stops ME and asks me to look at my CS. He watches me drive off - and he has a GT!

I would love to have a new Shelby - who wouldnt. But for the wow factor and price, you will get the same, if not more, looks for your CS. If you have the CJ, then you have the power too (or add power to it - Don, Joe, others and now I am doing).

Just sayin' - The CS is a lot of WOW for the money.

Casey