• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. engine stalls when hot - help

gt/csj4

Not to thread jack, but I went over your car at the round-up last weekend and I must say you did a VERY good job with your HCS. Very impressive.

To add; I experienced the same issues with my 67 gta air-con 289 car. Whenever going to Steamboat I always brought a few gallons of water to dump on the fuel line (air cars, the fuel line runs on the backside of the compressor closer to the engine than that of a non air car) I would dump cold water on the line, and then open the gas cap to relieve pressure in the tank. Wait 5 min and she would fire right back up....
The points (in conjunction with condenser) can/ will also effect run times when hot, I use the Pertronix in cap elec. ign. in all my cars. Nothing against points, if they're set right they are great, but elec. ign. is just more care-free IMO. It's cheap, and reliable and only two wires show (If youre good you can hide them too :wink:)