• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Exhaust?

LUVMYCS

For those who have upgraded from single to dual exhaust or who have replaced the dual exhaust: have you remained with the "stock" single transverse muffler (higher back pressure) duals with resonators or have gone to an aftermarket dual muffler (parallel) system such as the Flowmasters?

Just trying to decide which option to choose.

Mustang68Mx

I did the sotck Ex. system with stock appereance but with 2.5'' and the stock muffler... I based on this pictures. And of course the Ford stock pictures that come in the NPD catalog :)

It works pretty fine and the sound rock... I have my car with some upgrades that pretty much keep it stock but still, it's modified and it sound truly amazing with the stock specs exhaust :) I Like it too much, but I also have friends that change the stock system to a Crosspipe with Flow Master and 2.5''-3'' depends on their needs and wishes, and also sound great but I love the idle sound of the stock system I totally recommend it.

Goood Luck!

davidathans

Flowmasters are just loud and do not flow very well compared to Magnaflow...i do not recommend buying the flowmasters unless you want a loud sound...if your motor is close to stock and is a small block V8 you should use 2.25" piping....im running 2.5" piping but im making double the horsepower of stock. Good luck with your decision.

Here is a picture of my custom exhaust:

Attachments

• DavidAthans42 (Medium).jpg
    DavidAthans42 (Medium).jpg
    87 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Midnight Special

...I had Flowmasters put on two and already have new MagnaFlows on one. The other two are stock. I like the sound of Flowmasters... particularly on the small block cars w/ mild cam at idle. They don't seem excessively loud to me while going down the road...

p51

davidathans said:
Flowmasters are just loud and do not flow very well compared to Magnaflow...i do not recommend buying the flowmasters unless you want a loud sound...if your motor is close to stock and is a small block V8 you should use 2.25" piping....im running 2.5" piping but im making double the horsepower of stock. Good luck with your decision.

Here is a picture of my custom exhaust:
Agree with David on this. Magnaflow's the way to go. I put on the longest Magnaflow's I could fit which makes the sound more of a growel than just loud. 2.25" pipes. X-pipe crossover. Shorty headers. This is on a 302 ~stock engine.

Mustanger

Mosesatm

Went with Magnaflows. Don't like the hollow drum sound of the Flowmasters.

390cs68rcode

Branda seems to have good systems. I bought one for my CJ and when I took it to the muffler shop to install the owner said it was a great system and a great price (whatever I paid for it).