• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Fired up the new engine!

rvrtrash

I finally started up my rebuilt 302, mild build with KB pistons, Comp extreme energy cam, Doug Thorley Tri-Y headers and Flowmasters. At 2000 rpm (break in speed) you can't hear yourself think and the neighbors started calling and complaining about the noise. I think I'm going to like it. ;D ;D
Steve

quicknick

If the neighbors are complaining, you know it's done right!
We had the same exprience over here last week. We dropped a Holman Moody 429scj into our 67 Restomod Coupe and fired it up for the first time (with no exhaust on it yet). The neighbor 3/4 of a mile away called wanting to know what the hell was going on?!
He thought we had a world war 2 fighter plane in our shop! Can't wait to get it on the street.

OP
OP
rvrtrash

rvrtrash

I would have loved to hear that one. Mine has exhaust but only in name, it sounds close to open headers. I'm also surrounded by retired folk who only want to listen to their Lawrence Welk records.
Steve (18 trapped in a 46 year old body)