• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Fog Light Operation

Timmknz

Hi Everyone, yet another newbie! I just bought a nice GTCS after waiting 30 years to get my own (I learned to drive in my folks Presidential Blue)! Now I have a quick question. My car has a few (how shall I say it?) wiring issues. Checking out the operation of the fog lights, I noticed the rear tail lights came on with the front fog lights. Is this supposed to do this, or just operate the front fog lights only? Anybody know where I can get a good schematic of the wiring system?
Thanks
Newbie Tim in Oregon

CALIF GIRL

Tim,

Welcome to the site.
The taillights are supposed to come on with the foglights. The interior dash lights should also come on.

Duker

Duker here owner for three weeks now!

Good question I haven't tried mine yet but I know up here in Canada if the interior lights come on at the same time it is against the rules of the road to drive with your interior light on while you drive. I will check later, Thanks:smile:

franklinair

Wiring diagrams on line: www.hammar.dyndns.org/wiring
Not crystal clear, but OK for reference
The printed copies, available thru most Mustang parts suppliers are better
Also, the 1968 Shop Manual. Worth having.
Neil Hoppe

OP
OP
Timmknz

Timmknz

Thanks everyone, the site is great and I hope to meet a few of you at a get together this next year!
Cheers
T

NWGearhead

Welcome...

Did you get the red with black stripes that was for sale up in Bend?

I'm down in K Falls and have a red with white stripe 302.

Bring yours down to the Klamath Kruise next year and we can park them together and wow the crowd.

~Jeremy

CALIF GIRL

Duker here owner for three weeks now!

Good question I haven't tried mine yet but I know up here in Canada if the interior lights come on at the same time it is against the rules of the road to drive with your interior light on while you drive. I will check later, Thanks:smile:

Sorry if there was a misunderstanding, the interior light on the headlinder does not go on, just the dash lights...the ones that light up your gauges,,,,

Duker

No problem and thank you for the info. I will check later today:grin:

OP
OP
Timmknz

Timmknz

Did you get the red with black stripes that was for sale up in Bend?

I'm down in K Falls and have a red with white stripe 302.

Bring yours down to the Klamath Kruise next year and we can park them together and wow the crowd.

~Jeremy

Naw, the red and black at Madras was priced way too high. I bought the highland green at Memory Lane in Portland. It is pretty cool. I'd really like to bring mine down to K falls on a cruise next summer. 2 GTCS's would knock em dead for sure!
T

NWGearhead

The Kruise of Klamath is a show & shine during the day and a cruise in the evening. This year there were over 300 cars at the show and shine. The Kruise is usually in late July/early August.

Maybe we can rouse the rabble enough to get a decent GT\CS contingent. Besides us, there are at least 1 or 2 other southern Oregon GT\CS owners lurking, not to mention the northern Cali owners.

I plan on starting to post notices next spring, which will hopefully give folks enough time to plan.

robert campbell

My wife has close friend in Klamath Falls!!! A great excuse for a road run for the both of us!!

Keep me posted. I am in Bremerton. A Navy town about 30 miles due west as the seagulls fly from Seattle.

Wow, now if I can get rvrtrash (Steve) to come down from IF... IF is a Navy term for Idaho Falls! Navy reactor training there...

Rob

rvrtrash

Wrong falls Robert but I would consider going. Klamath is just a LONG day away and an Oregon beach trip is usually easy to justify. Of course, if it conflicts with my river time, I wouldn't be able to go. Sorry about the priorities, but the rafting season is too short and I need my therapy. :wink:

Steve

Have I mentioned that I used to live in Tacoma, Puyallup and Sumner when I worked for Fairchild Semiconductor back in the '80's? Used to love hanging out at Pt. Defiance.

robert campbell

Crap! I should have remembered that. Where is Post Falls in Idaho? I did not know your were a "Tacoma Aroma" guy. Pt. Defiance is very nice in the summer. My wife and I have lake property on Haven Lake near Belfair. That consumes alot of our summer, but a drive to Southern Oregon is appealing!!

Rob

rvrtrash

Post Falls is east of Spokane, just across the border.

Steve

OP
OP
Timmknz

Timmknz

Well, with Northern Cal and Washington chiming in, the central Oregon area may be a good halfway point. BTW, I was at Tacoma from 82-89 at McChord and lived in the North End above the bay. I know the aroma very well, also had summers at Hood Canl near Seabeck.:)

robert campbell

I love Eastern Oregon and the Klamath Falls area!! Keep me posted. My car is kinda a driver, but I will clean it up for this!!

Rob

NWGearhead

Wow... great response! I didn't think there were that many owners in striking distance. I'll work on putting something together and will start posting notices next spring.

Sorry for changing the original message subject, but it looks like it was worth it.

~Jeremy

robert campbell

we used to have about 4 or 5 local owners that had very nice GT/CS's. Two have been sold for sure. One to the "Red Hot Chile Pepers".

Bob Thrower is in Canada and close. He came down for our local show in Bremerton about 10 years or more ago and won the class we set up that put GT/CS's in with the Boss and Shelby's. He has an awesome red GT/CS. Told me it was one of his favorite trophy's as there was outstanding competition in his class.

Jeremy,
Yours looks awesome!!! I think Bob's had black stirpes. What a contrast the two would be.

Rob