• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Ford Dealership Pictures from the 1960's

BroadwayBlue

I'm not sure if anyone posted this previously but here it goes...

I found a few pictures on another forum ( http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/ ) of some dealer postcards from the 1960's. They are of Ford Dealers in California. Maybe someone will find the original dealer of their CS here.

I created a gallery that has all the pics. One of interesting note is a dealer called Downtown Ford. In the interior picture of the dealer is a pink Mustang. Then on the back wall you can see the bottom of a GT/CS Banner! :eek:
I'll attach that pic here - the rest are in the gallery.
Here is the gallery link
http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=83

Here is the link to the original forum
http://www.huntsvillecarscene.com/showthread.php?t=462&page=2&pp=20

p.s. Hope they didn't mind me copying them over.

Attachments

• 1968downtownfordBANNER.jpg
    1968downtownfordBANNER.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

case12

Very Cool! I search postcards from the 60's all the time looking for a GT/CS, and never saw this one. Great find! Let's keep searching. Casey

P

PNewitt

Downtown Ford is in downtown Sacramento, on 16th street. It used to be closer to downtown, but they moved it north, towards Hiway 160 many years ago.

So--this is a postcard? Rich--can you contact the person (MGREENE) who posted this picture? I want to use it in my book. What I would give for that banner on the back wall. You can barely make out the word "MUSTANG".

How cool! I have a photo of Dupratt Ford in Dixon, CA (my home town) with a CS in the showroom. I have it in my 1996 Edition, and will include it in the new book.

Thanks!
Paul.

390cs68rcode

PNewitt said:
Downtown Ford is in downtown Sacramento, on 16th street. It used to be closer to downtown, but they moved it north, towards Hiway 160 many years ago.

So--this is a postcard? Rich--can you contact the person (MGREENE) who posted this picture? I want to use it in my book. What I would give for that banner on the back wall. You can barely make out the word "MUSTANG".

How cool! I have a photo of Dupratt Ford in Dixon, CA (my home town) with a CS in the showroom. I have it in my 1996 Edition, and will include it in the new book.

Thanks!
Paul.

I agree I would pay up pretty big for a banner like that.

Samir

Wow, what a small world.

My name is Samir and I own and operate Huntsville Car Scene.com. I'm glad to see you've found our little pocket of car enthusiasts.

That discussion is a very, very cool thread. A good part of the history of motorsports in the Huntsville area is documented in that thread. Many of the individuals in that thread have all sorts of material dating back to that period, well, because they lived it. :grin:

Paul, feel free to register on Huntsville Car Scene and send mgreene an email. I'm sure he and the others on the site will be interested in your book project. I'll be sure to post a link to this thread on that one. Thank you for the link back, Rich!

Check out the local Mustang club site too, www.rocketcitymustang.com

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Hello Samir!!

Thanks for stopping by our neck of the woods.
I am planning on going back and checking out more of the site and registering for the forums. No problem on the link back - I always try to give credit where it is due.

Paul,
Do you want to contact MGreene? Or do you want me to give it a shot. Let me know.

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Did you notice there are 2 people sitting in the Mustang in the middle of the showroom? Looks like they're hanging out talking :smile:
Closing the deal I assume?

P

PNewitt

Hi Samir, and welcome to our part of that "Small World".

I will get over to your sites, and see what is there. It's amazing what other genre's there are in the automotive world.

If you could, Rich, see if you could contact MGreene, and ask what the source of that photo is. For now, I'm concentrating on the book, but will get to the other sites ASAP.

Thanks to the both of you!

Paul N.

our special

BroadwayBlue said:
You got it.

How cool is this Rich. Downtown Motors is where my car was purchased.
I have been trying to come up with information on this dealership since we purchased the car in '96.
This is the first time that I have ever seen a photo of the the dealership and wouldn't it have been something if there had been a lime gold GT/CS on the showroom floor.
Who knows, it may have been there some where when the photo was taken.
Does it look like it could be March in California?
Great find Rich.

Dave

Diesel Donna

BroadwayBlue said:
Hello Samir!!

Thanks for stopping by our neck of the woods.
I am planning on going back and checking out more of the site and registering for the forums. No problem on the link back - I always try to give credit where it is due.

Paul,
Do you want to contact MGreene? Or do you want me to give it a shot. Let me know.

I saw those two people sitting in the car too, lol.
I noticed last night that MGreene has registered on our site...so maybe send a private message?

~~~~Donna

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

I got in touch with Mike Greene (mgreene). He seems happy to help out. He actually has a copy of Paul's first book.

He also has his own website which is pretty cool

http://www.gt350h.com/

I just realized that Mike is the person that has the GT/CS TV Commercial posted on the web. It is on his site above. It used to be on this URL http://home.hiwaay.net/~mgreene

In addition he has a friend with a GT/CS in Huntsville. I asked him to send him over to this site if he isn't already aware of it.

Paul,
I sent you a PM with Mr Greene's contact info.