• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

For Sale Found on ebay

Mosesatm

I asked that question and received this in response.

yes it has a 429 4 barrel which probably came out a 70:s thunderbird-- I will get picture of engine compartment You can go to californiaspecial.com to learn more about this car---it does not have the original motor nor is it the original color which was gold----The R in the vin number shows it is a california special

somethingspecial

I asked that question and received this in response.

----The R in the vin number shows it is a california special[/I]

Holy Crap, I thought I only had two California Specials, This must mean my J code Coupe is also a California Special, its VIN starts with 8R01.

That is a nice car, it is in the Registry and a 4 speed car to boot. No Marti though.

Last edited:

Mosesatm

Wait, it gets better.

The R indicates San Jose but only specialty cars were made there. Cars were shipped from the factory. I have a 1966 Shelby GT350 and the R is in the vin number I have a 2007 Shelby GT and the R is in The vin---Regardless if you go to californiaspecial.com you will learn all about the car. I do have a marti report and will try to post it soon. Thank you for your interest

gt/csj4

R= Cal special+Shelby+428 CJ guys... just FYI.

He CLEARLY is missing the monster 428 in there and idiotically put a 429 in there, easy fix tho really. You guys have much to learn. You could learn a thing or two from this gent.

CougarCJ

My ultimate dream GT/CS would be the ultra rare triple R code.
Yup, 428CJ painted Highland Green. :grin:

The Pilot Plant for Ford which created 'special' cars, generally for in house use was designated "S".

I have a whole bunch of R code Cougars in my wrecking yard, they must be California Specials too.