• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Get those Specials detailed!!!

clubpro

For all of you that have dreamed about having your Special in a Mustang book here's your chance.

I have contacted David Newhardt who is working on a 45th anniversary Mustang book and invited him to the Galpin event. He responded with a definite yes and will be there with camera in hand.

David has been a part of a lot of really good Mustang books and this is our chance to really show how special our cars are.

Make sure to let Paul Newitt know that you are coming to the Galpin event.

Cheers!

Ron

P

PNewitt

Well, I wouldn't want this to make anyone "not" bring their GT/CS to the Galpin event, if it's not up to concours standards. This show is about celebrating the GT/CS, and I know of a few cars coming that are in "as is" condition--which is perfectly, perfectly fine.

We're there to have a good time, and "bring what you got". Any concours type cars can be photographed separately for books, magazine articles, etc.

Just know that everyone is welcome, and don't hesitate a minute about the condition of your GT/CS. It's more important to see you there. Besides...there is a lot to see in unrestored cars, and I want that chance to look for those details--regardless of the condition.

Paul N.

OP
OP
clubpro

clubpro

My intention in inviting Dave was not to turn this into a concourse event, but to get exposure of our cars and to educate. I was simply letting our family know that those that have dreamed of having their car in a major publication or book might have the opportunity if they attend.

I want to see 100 Cal Specials and High Country Specials at this event. Maybe I'm delusional, but I think that it can be done.

Cheers,

Ron

Mosesatm

.....besides, it isn't just Playmates that get airbrushed. Long live Phtoshop!!!

Last edited:
P

PNewitt

My intention in inviting Dave was not to turn this into a concourse event, but to get exposure of our cars and to educate. I was simply letting our family know that those that have dreamed of having their car in a major publication or book might have the opportunity if they attend.

I want to see 100 Cal Specials and High Country Specials at this event. Maybe I'm delusional, but I think that it can be done.

Cheers,

Ron

Well, Ron, I appreciate your enthusiasm, and I don't wish to take anything away from that....I just know that some owners get nervous at bringing their Mustang to car shows...since what they drive might not be as nice as they'd like it to be.

I certainly hope to see lots of photos taken and I'm videotaping the event for the books' DVD, too. I just want everyone to feel 100% welcome, and to bring their CS in ANY (!!) condition. It's about numbers, not so much about the high quality of cars. 40 years is a long time for any car to be around.

I don't know about 100 cars....but so far there are about 15-20 coming. More may show up....we'll see. 20 GT/CSs ARE a lot for us!! That parking lot will get full quickly. What's impressive is the turnout from up north that are coming to this event... The Galpin folks are really impressed with hearing about that.

I'm just so excited to finally see a lot of people that I've known only by their avatar and a ton of typed words...LOL!!!

p.s. we might all have breakfast at the Galpin Restaurant first!!!