• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Going to Malta!

gofastguy

My beautiful black GT/CS has been sold and will be leaving shortly for a long ride to its new home in Malta. I really love the car and have enjoyed owning it, but decided it was time to let her go since I usually found myself driving our late model Mustangs. The Cali Specials will always have a place in my heart and I could definitely see myself with a late model one someday.

At first, I hated the idea of the car leaving our country. But apparently there is quite a thriving Mustang community in Malta, and the buyer is as passionate about Mustangs as anyone I have ever met. I am sure he will give my beloved GT/CS a great home!

Many thanks to the people at this site who have been so nice, especially Arlie who helped me find a good one and Rob who is always there with pertinent mechanical advice!

somethingspecial

Steve, Sorry to hear you sold the car. Please let me know the VIN so I can update the Registry. Thanks. Please also give the new owner this website address if he doesn't already know about us. Thanks.

Mosesatm

Steve,
Thanks for the kind words, but I have one question.
Where in the world is Malta?
Never mind, I found it.
Holy cow!!!!

OP
OP
gofastguy

gofastguy

Steve,
Thanks for the kind words, but I have one question.
Where in the world is Malta?
Never mind, I found it.
Holy cow!!!!

Maybe you can tell me! All I know is that it's a relatively small island in the Mediterranean perhaps 10 by 20 miles with around 300,000 people who live there. Sounds real nice though, and the new owner has invited us to come visit!

CougarCJ

We have a customer that is restoring a Cougar in Malta, too.

Mosesatm

SW of Italy. It's all of 16 miles long and 8 miles wide.
It's probably a wealthy resort area so visiting may be a good idea!

Attachments

• Malta.jpg
    Malta.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 32

quicknick

Check out the movie "Popeye" with Robin Williams and Shelly Duvall. The entire movie was filmed in Malta. It's one of the most beautiful islands in the world. As a Sicilian, that was hard for me to admit.

OP
OP
gofastguy

gofastguy

Thanks for the map. I had a general idea, but wasn't sure exactly. I understand there are around a hundred Mustangs there and that they love them. But this will be the only Cali Special. I would like to see it sometime.