• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Gold Nugget Special on eBay

case12

I thought gold nugget specials were a NW coast promotion? I dont know my history on these cars - Robert? The window sticker shows NY, and there was no cost for getting the special? Casey

RedGTvert

I thought gold nugget specials were a NW coast promotion? I dont know my history on these cars - Robert? The window sticker shows NY, and there was no cost for getting the special? Casey

Look at the sold to. It was sold to a dealer in Seattle, but shipped to a dealer in New York. Sounds like the dealer in NY had a customer who wanted one, and made a deal with the dealer in Seattle for the car.

I did note this, "This car has the optional 302 V-8 engine, and a four speed transmission"

The car shows as a C Code and the invoice shows it as a 289.

There are other discrepancies I am noting. It says "Golden Nugget Special", but the says Corprorate Yellow for the color???

RedGTvert

And $100 for the Corporate Yellow paint

Is it me, or does there seem to be a lot of double talk from the seller.

What the heck is the deal with the window sticker he has showing. Has it been faked?

If any car is dying to have a Marti Report pulled, it is this one.

BroadwayBlue

Here is the February 2001 Mustang Times (MCA) article.
http://mustangtimes.net/25-2/pg60.pdf

Looks like a Kevin Marti confirmed this car's status.

A prior owner, Bill O'Gorman, started the Gold Nugget Registry according to the article.

No explanation why it was at a NY dealer though. It would be interesting to find out why. Maybe an email to the seller or Bill O'Gorman would answer that.

The sticker could be from www.mustangstickers.com which is run by Tony Garcia who is referenced in the article.

SIDE NOTE: Mustang Time are archived here ... http://mustangtimes.net/

BroadwayBlue

Attachments

• d1f8_3.jpg
    d1f8_3.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 40

RedGTvert

Rich, that is a real bad job of having a reproduction invoice made. Way too many inaccuracies.

BroadwayBlue

I'm surprised but only because I'm assuming it came from Tony Garcia who runs this website http://mustangstickers.com

I thought they had a good reputation as a source for reproduction stickers.

Again I don't know that it came from there I'm only assuming it because in the article that was written about the car the same sticker is displayed. The article claims he confirmed the car's status through Kevin Marti.

Also as mentioned about the engine.
The article says it was a 302 but doesn't say it was original to the car. The sticker in the article shows it as a 289 as does the VIN. The engine could've been replaced during a restore. Could just be how the current owner worded it or believes it to be.

Not a big deal ... just curious and sitting here scratching my head playing detective and wondering what the whole story is.

There might be more to the story than we know from the ad and article.

They did give a mention to the GT/CS and HCS in the article so that was cool.

Last edited:

RedGTvert

Look at the way it is auction written

This car has the optional 302 V-8 engine

I would assume that it was a factory option. Yet not listed on the supposed invoice.

Then the Corporate Yellow paint. One would assume the Golden Nugget Special would have Sunlit Gold paint. Yet the way the ad is written making it appear that this way the original factory color backed up by an invoice that says just that.

There are enough holes in this thing to drive a darn car though. It may originally have been a Golden Nugget Special, but now it is in name only. Then it is muddied it up with a complete BS invoice. Why not post up a Marti Report instead of an invoice that is not real, reproduction or not.

Also, did you notice, this invoice is conspicuously missing from the new auction.

BroadwayBlue

I agree the wording is misleading on the "factory option engine" ... he doesn't say it was original ... and it was a factory option ... so he could have worded it that way intentionally. Why post the info that it's a 289 from the factory if you were trying to say it came with a 302?

Nowhere in the article or the auction does he claim the engine is original.

Do we know that you couldn't get Corporate Yellow Paint on a Gold Nugget Special?

The article says he contacted Kevin Marti to confirm so I'm sure he has the report ... I'd like to see it to and find out what brought it to NY.

I'm just curious to find out the real story. In my mind the article gives some credibility to the car that's all.

I'd email the owner but too busy answering posts on this site ... what's going on lately?? I come on at night and there are a huge list of new posts. Usually I have to miss 4-5 days of visiting for that kind of catch up! What's happening? Cabin Fever in the colder areas I'm sure ... I know way off topic!

BroadwayBlue

Wow this car is all over the internet! I was searching for some Gold Nugget Special info.

It's for sale on craigslist and other places and this exact car is even used on sites that cover the Mustang specials and the owner referenced in the article gave them pictures of the special Gold nugget title posted on one site. I'm not sure what that is. Don't know enough about these cars.

Another site claims you could get any color on a GNS though not common - not able to confirm if that's valid.

Where is the Paul Newitt of GNS cars?

It says this car was also featured in the May, 2000 Issue of Mustang and Fords magazine. (Arlie pr anyone else you got that one?)

(I came across something I didn't expect while searching for this info ... see my other thread called "One Year Later".)

Last edited:

RedGTvert

Wow this car is all over the internet! I was searching for some Gold Nugget Special info.

It's for sale on craigslist and other places and this exact car is even used on sites that cover the Mustang specials and the owner referenced in the article gave them pictures of the special Gold nugget title posted on one site. I'm not sure what that is. Don't know enough about these cars.

Another site claims you could get any color on a GNS though not common - not able to confirm if that's valid.

It says this car was also featured in the May, 2000 Issue of Mustang and Fords magazine. (Arlie pr anyone else you got that one?)

(I came across something I didn't expect while searching for this info ... see my other thread called "One Year Later".)

If you remember the text from his first auction, which the copy has changed on the new auction, it read . . .

Originally every one came with the Factory "Sunlit Gold" paint and a black vinyl top, with black racing stripes on the hood (we've deleted the hood stripes).

Doesn't this basically say that it has been re-painted a different color?

It is a nice car, but it is a Golden Nugget Special in name only. Sorta like having a B2 with a standard 302 in there.

I guess I may be splitting hairs, but there is something about the way he is wording his auctions that seems deceitful, then to show an invoice, like it is the real thing, just begs for more concerns. Why not show a Marti?

To me at this point, it is nothing more than a modified '68 Coupe, that has lost it's hertiage.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

Don't have that one.

There may be an article in this one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/MUSTANG-MONTHLY...QrdZ1QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1713.m153.l1262

Highlander

The "Gold Nugget Specials" I've seen, include a special dash plaque, with the original purchasers name on it, and their interior has been gold, as well.

J.R.