• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Great ethical business practices!!

meadowsdk28

New to this sight, but I wanted you all to know about a great company. Kudo's to Pete at Orlando Mustang. I sent my Lucas Square 8 foglights through my sister who lives near Orlando a few "years" back to have Orlando Mustang restore them. They are one of the few companies that do this. Problem is, they are also one of the few companies that correctly restore distributors, alternators and many other pieces that must be "period correct" for concours shows. I'm in the military and have been gone for quite some time in very hot, sandy areas and frankly, those fog lights were the least of my concerns. To top it off, my personal life during this time was somewhat lacking stability, as you can imagine. PLUS, the owner of the resoration shop that was redoing my High Country Special disappeared from existence with my large sum of money I fronted him as well as about $50,000 of other peoples money. Of course, I knew none of this while I was deployed. I find out all this neat stuff when I returned from the sandbox. For a couple of weeks I didn't even know where my car was!! Bottomline, Pete and Orlando Mustang held onto these lights during this time. Lesser businesses would have sold them after such a long time on the shelf. We all know this. So, a few days ago I got my UPS shipment with the fully restored lights. Not only did they practice "above and beyond" ethical business practices, they did an absolutely bang up job on the lights. I would highly recommend this company for any specialized work you need. Don't be in a big hurry though. Quality takes time. ;D

68gt390

meadowsdk28;
I had the opportunity to meet Pete down in Nashville during the 40th Anniversary. He has a lot on his plate but, still does an excellent job. I was able to acquire my Marchal Lights through Pete and at a substanial savings compared to other dealers.

Sorry to hear about your problems with your restorer. There are those out there who take advantage of folks and it's unfortunate. I assume from your posting you were able to at least recover your car?

Might not be a bad idea to post the "NAME" of this particular individual so other's will know and beaware of the type of tricks he pulls. :mad: I'm sure he'll show up somewhere else over time. They always do.

Don

rjw

Let me also confirm great dealings with Pete at Orlando Mustang. I see him at the different MCA shows and he always has quality stuff.
Richard

OP
OP
meadowsdk28

meadowsdk28

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=1298;start=0#msg7448 date=1104518653]
meadowsdk28;
I had the opportunity to meet Pete down in Nashville during the 40th Anniversary. He has a lot on his plate but, still does an excellent job. I was able to acquire my Marchal Lights through Pete and at a substanial savings compared to other dealers.

Sorry to hear about your problems with your restorer. There are those out there who take advantage of folks and it's unfortunate. I assume from your posting you were able to at least recover your car?

Might not be a bad idea to post the "NAME" of this particular individual so other's will know and beaware of the type of tricks he pulls. :mad: I'm sure he'll show up somewhere else over time. They always do.

Don

[/quote]
Don, Good idea. This guys name is Gregory Marshall. He ran a business called Jennings auto bodya and classic cars. He did excellent work although he was not exclusive Mustang. He does excellent paint and is up for any type job. If I were a betting man, I'll bet he is doing business in the Texas, New Mexico, Arizona or SoCal region of the country. If anyone knows of his wereabouts, the Jennings County, Indiana Sheriff, located in North Vernon, IN would like to know it, too. I would suspect he would probably even work in a street rod shop, although his passion is old muscle cars.