• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

greenlight diecast available

Ladystang

Just to let you know:

Greenlight has two more california special diecast available. A green coupe, and a blue one. Matchbox size.

OP
OP
Ladystang

Ladystang

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Do you have a link? I can't find anything on their site. How did you order?

OP
OP
Ladystang

Ladystang

Do you have a link? I can't find anything on their site. How did you order?

GreenLight Stock & Custom Release 5 1968 Ford Mustang GT/CS - ... $5.99
GreenLight Stock & Custom Release 5 1968 Ford Mustang GT/CS - Green Pre-Order Release Date: October 2007 Features include: Diecast ...

GL-12630-68G

They have it in red and green. Did have it in blue, but seems to be missing now. Either my mistake, or theirs. I went to greenlight, and did a search. If you get on their e-mail list, they will send you e-mail when they have new items.

our special

I offered to purchase the four that were on ebay this week but they wouldn't ship to Canada.

Other then the wheels, the green one looks just like ours CS including the black stripes on the hood.

Dave

OP
OP
Ladystang

Ladystang

I believe you can order them from Greenlight, and they will ship to Canada. Not sure, but they will let you know.

Use a search with the number of the item,GL12630-68G , and that should take you to the green one. I don't know how to put a link here or I would do that.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
OK, finally figured it out. We were looking at two different sites. I was looking at Greenlights' web site and you were looking at Diecast Alley. Strange that the manufacturer doesn't even list them yet.

Here are the links:
http://dcastalley.stores.yahoo.net/grbcure5bfom1.html
http://dcastalley.stores.yahoo.net/grbcure5bfom.html

dcastalley_1970_28461535

dcastalley_1970_28421914

BroadwayBlue

Looks like these are part of a 12 car set and Diecast Alley is breaking the sets to sell at $5.99 each. Full set of 12 is running $48-51 on most sites.

Only could find red (stock) and green (custom) though - no blue.

It's actually 12 cars models one each in custom and stock.
GreenLight Muscle Car Garage Stock & Custom 5:
1964 Chrysler 300K
1967 Mustang GT Fastback
1968 Ford Mustang GT/CS
1968 Plymouth Roadrunner
2006 Dodge Charger Police Car
2007 Camaro Concept Convertible

http://dcastalley.stores.yahoo.net/grbcure5bset.html

Attachments

• dcastalley_1970_28072326.jpg
    dcastalley_1970_28072326.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 26

68gt390

You'll have to order the models from one of Greenlight's distributor's. They do not sell them directly from Greenlight. They did the same thing with the 1:18 scale models. Their distributor's had them on their web page before Greenlight had them up on their site. It's nice to see they are offering them in different sizes and color's now.

Don :grin:

BroadwayBlue

I got my 1:64 scale GT/CS models about 2 weeks ago I guess.

I was impressed with them - much better in person than the pictures in my mind. I haven't opened up the packages but through the plastic they look pretty decent.

wally05

ditto... I just got a presale on the 08 and 68 bullitt cars they are doing for january... great company. I've bought a lot of those cars. the best in the biz if you ask me.

wally05

Haha, I have no idea. The archived ones are the ones that are hard to come by . I'm currently trying to get a few of them. The GT/CS ones are still readily available at retailers for $4.99 I think.

wally05

oooo... just looked at the auction... it's a green machine. The rare runs of them that are painted in emerald green. Apparently, the owner does not know it. They usually run upwards close to $60.

wally05

Oops, just read the title... the owner does know. It will hit close to $50 before it is done. They are luck of the draw if you find one in a store or get one in a factory boxed shipment.

BroadwayBlue

Oops, just read the title... the owner does know. It will hit close to $50 before it is done. They are luck of the draw if you find one in a store or get one in a factory boxed shipment.

Good catch!

I looked at it quick and thought it was the regular green GT/CS in 1:64 scale.

Never mind ... :embarass:

Here is some more info on them...

MacTalk

A Two-Way Street

When I started at GreenLight, one of the first things I wanted to know was what is a Green Machine chase car? Production Manager Matt Elliott’s been creating these for over two years, so I asked him.
First, he told me that only two percent of the cars from each production run are Green Machine versions. GreenLight includes them in every scale it produces: 1:64, 1:24, and 1:18. To put that in perspective, if GreenLight runs 5,000 pieces of a blue 1:64-scale 1964 Plymouth Fury, 100 of those will be Green Machines.
Look for the following traits. Note that GreenLight-Green™ is a brilliant emerald-green metallic paint.
1) GreenLight-Green Body
2) GreenLight-Green Chassis
3) GreenLight-Green Rims
4) GreenLight-Green Interior
5) Green Tires
A Green Machine can have one of these features, and occasionally a combination. We hope the variety makes them harder for non-collectors to spot, and easier for them to get into your hands!